Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I also payed extra for the mid shift conversion so it would look more like the four speed. The factory rear shift position would put the shifter pretty close to the seat.

·
Registered
24 Posts
but now that the seat is back in I can see that the rear shifter wouldn’t have actually been right up to the seat. In these pictures the red and white bottle is marking where the rear shifter would have come out at.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thank you for the pictures. This will help me a lot. Your transmission hump expansion was really well done. Do you think that the seat is about where you would drive with it? If you would have gone with the red and white bottle (rear shifter position) could you have gone with a straighter shift lever? What is the black covering on the floor? One favor, could I get a picture of where the rod from the clutch pedal connects to the zbar. I have not bought the shop manual yet, but do you know of a drawing that shows all the clutch pieces, maybe there is one in the manual. I have now acquired all the major clutch parts except the above mentioned clutch pedal to z bar rod and the pedal stop. What I am looking for is something that shows all the little clips, springs, and washers etc. I believe the clutch to z bar rod has a right angle stub rod that goes thru the peddle but the other threaded end is connected to the zbar with an assemblage of small parts.

Sorry for all the questions!,

How soon do you think you will be driving? I am really anxious to see how you like it. It is beyond a doubt the most sneaky sleeper wagon that I have seen. I showed your car to several of my car friends, most Chevy folk and they are impressed. It was a strong looking when you got it it will be absolutely fantastic but subtle when you get it done

·
Registered
24 Posts
The seat is all the way back and that is where I drove it with the automatic. Actually I think this reproduction style shifter I have would have worked good on the back but it feels a little far away now. I won’t really know things like that until it’s on the road. The floor has quite a few coats and coatings on it... first I scraped all the old seem sealer and cleaned it like crazy with simple green and wire brushes. Once it was dry I put down new 2 part epoxy seem sealer, then primed it with MacroPoxy 646, then using a roller I put down a few coats of Raptor bed liner. What you can see on top of all the is the butyl backed aluminum sound deadener, it’s like Dynamat only it’s a different brand. Before the new carpet goes down it will also get a layer of Dynapad.
I just realized last night that I need the pedal to z bar rod too! So let me know if you find where to buy them. I can definitely hook you up with some pictures. The shop manual I have is pretty good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
As soon as I find one I will let you know. I think we can fab one if necessary, I made one for a 66 F100 once. I think they are hardened and the one I fabricated did not last long but worked. I just bought a reproduction over center spring 10 minutes ago from an eBay seller named, I kid you not, C.R.A.P.. it’s the little square cross section spring that goes between the zbar and frame mount. Thanks for the picture, I will order manual tonight. If you need anything else I am shopping hard now

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Sorry car is still in Iowa and will be there until our lock down is over! Part of price is seller delivery. If I can figure how to copy a picture from the add I will add one. I am using time to hunt parts. This shut down thing is affecting all my projects: my unisteer kit for my 57 ranch wagon is held up because sub part suppliers are shutdown. My country squire is in Iowa. And my two core motors are stuck at French lake auto. Clutch and brake peddle got here today.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
My son will help me see if we can put a “snip” of the picture of the car from the add in. Is the windshield glued in with sealer?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts