Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I was going to make mine out of external threaded ball rod end at top and internally threaded rod (stiff) and a grade 8 bolt for clutch pedal connection, and a piece of hard all thread at the bottom end with three nuts, all available from McMaster Carr industrial supply. The ball end would connect to pedal with bolt and nut, may have to grind head for clearance. Then the 6in internal threaded rod screws into ball end on clutch pedal. Then at the bottom end screw hard all thread with lock nut into internal thread in rod. The the two nuts like you show. You have a ball rod end on your z bar

·
Registered
44 Posts
That is pretty much what I was planning on doing but the rod end on the pedal side caused some interference issues with the brake light switch. I solved the problem though... I found an original rod in a box full of clutch linkage parts in my closet. ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
It is better to be lucky than good. I have looked in every closet in my house and have not found one single box of clutch linkages. Just a stuffed and varnished armadillo missing its right ear and tail and a TV guide from the first week of June 1976

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Car just got here today! Following your clutch spring attach thread. your questions/advice really help me! Thanks a lot! You said you went with a Hochkis front end, how much do you think it lowers the stance? Are you going with their front sway bar?, Desertxl seemed to like it.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts