Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have a 1966 Ford Custom 500 that currently does not have working turn signals nor reverse lights.

I checked my fuses, bulbs, and relays yet nothing appeared to be out of the ordinary and seemed to be in working order. I have flashers but not turn signals, so I replaced the turn signal relay but still nothing. All the fuses had power going to them and none of them were blown so I didn't figure that was the problem. That is my problem with the turn signals. (Oh yes, when I turn my signals on, my tail light on the side in which way I'm signaling, goes off)

For my reverse lights, I checked my bulbs and replaced them but that didn't fix my problem. I also checked my neutral safety switch (I have the c4 automatic transmission) and didn't see any issues with it. (But then again I could not tell how to test if it was bad or not)

If anyone has any idea I would appreciate it much! Any advice is accepted! Thanks!

·
Subscriber
749 Posts
i would be checking the grounds. maybe test by grounding the light housings with a temporary wire straight to battery negative.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts