Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this site. I have a 1966 Custom that I put a (mild) 557 and top loader four speed into. I still have a lot of work to do to the inside of the car but have had some problems finding parts for the 1966 Galaxie?

I'm looking for a place that sells interior parts and pieces. The interior of my car is completely striped and I have to start from scratch. I'm also wondering if anyone sells a 6-8 point roll cage kit. (roll cage kit not a big deal I'll have someone build one from scratch)

Thank you for your help

Here is a public link for pictures of my Galaxie

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.103437553003669.7407.100000122738716&type=3&l=6844914927

Here is a video from the drag strip

1966 Ford Galaxie @ Western Colorado Dragway Grand Junction CO - YouTube

·
Registered
181 Posts
It really depends on whether or not you have the frame work and stuff for the seats. If now go to Desert Valley auto parts and order them. Typically, they are in good condition because they have been sitting in a dessert for about 30 years. Once they are delivered, go to Mac's Antique auto parts. I found it hard to find covers for my bench seats so I would order the bucket seat framework. You should be able to find covers, carpet, headliners, etc. farely easy. The only part I had trouble finding was the package tray, but those are farely easy to make. If you want high performance stuff, Summit Racing will probably have them. Enjoy you project and post some pictures of the completed interior!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just picked up a 1966 Custom two-door parts car over the weekend that I'd be willing to part out to you if you're interested. The car in general is pretty rough (been sitting a long time) and the interior is kind of ratty, but it's all there. Let me know what you need exactly and we can work something out.

I bought the car for my 1967 Custom two-door (the '66 is an original 3-speed car and I'm going to use the clutch and brake pedal setup to convert my car to 4-speed) and about the only thing I might keep from the interior is the kick panels, but I'm not sure yet.

As far as the Custom interior goes, the toughest thing to find is door panels and seat covers - no one reproduces these. The ones in my '67 Custom are in great shape (which kind of influenced me to buy the car.)

Anyway, drop me a line and we'll work something out. If you need me to ship, that's not a problem, either.

Keith
[email protected]

·
Registered
181 Posts
Actually yes they do. Go to Mac's antique auto parts. door panels, seat covers, headliners,carpets. The only things i couldn't find were the kick panels, the package tray, a new dash pad, and the C-pillar covers. Speaking of which, do any of you know where I could find a semi-decent dash pad for a '66 galaxie?

·
Registered
31 Posts
If Mac's sells the Custom *specific* door panels and seat covers, then I stand corrected. I'll have to double check my Mac's catalog. I know they sell the Galaxie specific panels and covers, but the Custom ones are totally different. In fact, I'd be shocked if they sold the Custom versions - how many Customs out there could there be to restore?

The headliner and carpet are universal items, so I'm not surprised they sell that. In fact, just bought new carpet for my Custom not too long ago.

If I had a semi-decent dash for a '66 I'd sell it to you, but the one in this parts car is trashed. Anything else you need?

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
SMS Auto Fabrics can make the interior panels and supply original interior fabric for the car. Lots of other places like, Dearborn Classics, Concours Parts, Dennis Carpenter etc., should have the parts you're looking for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts