Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
***Follow the Link at the bottom for pictures - Email me if interested at [email protected]*** Thanks

1966 Ford Fairlane 500 2-Door Hardtop
$15,500
Original 390 Big Block, Automatic C6 Transmission.

Originally Red on Red, the car was repainted Black in the 60’s because the owner wanted it to be black.
This car was built in the Atlanta plant and has been in Georgia ever since. This car is also rare because of the factory 4 barrel/390 carb setup. This is also an A/C and am/fm stereo option car. This car has been passed around the same family during its life and finally to me. The body is extremely straight and solid. It has not been wrecked or molested. I literally pulled this car out of the families barn and it had some floor board rust and minimal rust in a few other small places. I replaced all of the important rust areas and replaced the floor boards followed by a protective lining to prevent any future rust (same with the engine bay). I decided against repainting the car prior to the sell because I wanted to leave this car as original as possible and to leave the color options up to the new owner.

]The motor and transmission have both been rebuilt and the motor is stamped for proof and the shop still has all of the records. The car runs and drives great. I currently am driving the car and showing it around town.

Motor/Transmission:
Freshly rebuilt with proof and motor stamped.
Holley Fuel Pump and all stainless braided lines, Holley Regulator
All Black AN fittings
New Battery, Water pump, Oil Pump
MSD Distributor and new wires, plugs
Holley 750 Double Pumper (Chrome and Black edition)
MSD Blaster 3
Original, Polished Valve covers
Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake manifold
Edlebrock Air cleaners
New voltage regulator and starter and solenoid
The transmission has been rebuilt with all new everything pretty much.
The engine bay was sand blasted and sprayed with an epoxy based protector that is resistant to about everything.
Custom made exhaust, sounds like a mean muscle car as it should. Maybe a little loud for some.

Wheels:
17” American Racing Torque Thrust 2’s

Brakes:
Wilwood Disc on all 4 corners, Wilwood Pads/Rotors and Master Cylinder
Stainless steel brakes lines.

Read End:
Ford 9” with Synthetic Gear Fluid – Royal Purple
Original Leafs
Lowered 2”
Edlebrock Shocks
All new Hardware and Fasteners

Front End:
All new wheel bearings
Wilwood Hubs
Stainless Steel Brakes Lines
Lowered 2”
New Shocks and Ball Joints (not installed yet)

Interior:
All stockNew Carpet – It was supposed to be gunmetal, but looks silver.
I have all of the original pieces and hardware
All Autometer gauges
All of the floors have been epoxy-ed and has a layer of sound deadening foam from 3m.

Pictures are Here!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts