Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got the 289 back in her yesterday (i got the car with the engine removed) and im missing something in the linkage just not sure what. If you have picture that'd be great. Its a 3 on the tree trans

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
A few images of Fairlane z-bar assembly. 66 & 67 - SBF & FE

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking at the 3rd picture, does anyone know where i can get part # 75a31, and 7a629 and the part in between? I checked EBAY and no luck.

·
Registered
334 Posts
This might take care of you 1965-70 MUSTANG CLUTCH EQUALIZER BAR PIVOT ENGINE SIDE | eBay

but I'm not sure of the diameter ball (7A629). I know there are two different diameter balls but don't recall the applications. I have a 390 and used a one piece z-bar from Crites and it uses 3/4" balls on both ends. I hope this helps you.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Not sure as i haven;t spoken to them in a few years, but,
Modern Driveline or Dark Horse had parts for stick Fairlanes, Mustangs, you can check with Fred at Modern, he knows his stuff

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This might take care of you
1965-70 MUSTANG CLUTCH EQUALIZER BAR PIVOT ENGINE SIDE | eBay

but I'm not sure of the diameter ball (7A629). I know there are two different diameter balls but don't recall the applications. I have a 390 and used a one piece z-bar from Crites and it uses 3/4" balls on both ends. I hope this helps you.
For the $20 to but and ship i went and ahead and jus bought it, if its not right im sure i can get mymoney back at a swap meet of something.

Not sure as i haven;t spoken to them in a few years, but,
Modern Driveline or Dark Horse had parts for stick Fairlanes, Mustangs, you can check with Fred at Modern, he knows his stuff
How can i contact them bud? Thank you both for your help !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts