Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
My builder got sick and set back in time to complete the 427 stroker going in my fairlane. I picked this 427 up on ebay couple weeks ago in Penn state. 1965 std bore . 11.5 comp.rato TRW oistons, lemans rods, C5AE-$steel cross drilled crankshaft. 642 roller cam/lifters/crower pushrods/PRW steal roller rockers, dove spider heat barrier coated intake, milodon 7 qt oil pan. Heads are from a 406 G code motor . Carb is a 850 holley, Not too bad for a street car. Guess I go with a top loader I already have being a lenco cost as much as a home does.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Has anyone took out the column and stearing wheel out of a 66 fairlane and replaced it with a column and wheel that is for a 4 speed in floor? I been working on that sucker for a few hours and finally got it in. I took the shaft and whole thing out of a 66 gt that had been sitting 15 years and everything was froze up. Like to have never got the column out of car and roller bearing in other shaft to come out. Never wish to do that again.

Anyone need some 66 tail lights and a column out of 66 with a 3 on the tree? I am gona use 67 tail lights, like them better.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
If you work under dash of your car donot have that sucker sand blasted if you wish to see again, I could shoot the sucker and cussed all the way under there.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Seems like forever but here she sits being blocked out , paint will not be much longer I hope. Was gona be white but changed my mind. Color will be Black Cherry . All the emblems will be powder coated gold. 427 old stock emblems attached on front fenders. One single kitchen match 3 inches tall right in front of doors on each side nicely done showing as it is just been lit.That will be my small flames, Letters F.O.R.D on hood and trunk powder coated gold letters......Still looking a good deal on a 5 speed lenco but have top loader rebuilt, hays clutch that came in as well blow proof bell housing.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
My poor 427 still sits in race car trailer awaiting to be installed after paint.
Under hood bay will be same as outside car, black cherry. Have both new bumpers .
Wine color carpet, console , roll bars and seats should match Black cherry .

The sound system will be done at Sound Station, local shop that does great work. The speakers will be done as normal in car neat , box in trunk mounted, already have system awaiting.

Tubs showing in trunk paint white with roll bars coming into trunk Black Cherry with surrounding interior of trunk Black Cherry leather around speakers and around fuel cell. Cell is already red. .......Been a slow go 5 years in making but short rows coming.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I need ideas please. Been so long now under the car rear end and such is starting to surface rust. Clean will be easy but what color to paint ? Underside body same as car color ? The shocks were new but now , still are but does not look new anymore. Place more new ones? Take a while but tape springs around shocks and paint ? What color to paint rear end housing ? Paint it a steal color , I donot like black.

Attachments

·
Registered
576 Posts
I like everything to look neat and detailed...I'm not a big fan of body color everywhere....If it was me I'd probably paint the underneath a charcoal-y color and do rearend and suspension parts black...But I also like seeing the different manufactors colors left alone, to show them off...Like ladderbars or 4 links left the color they came..shocks might be adifferent color maybe not...of course fuelcell is gonna be red.

Since you don't like black....the car would look good with the blackcherry underneath and suspension, rearend, driveshaft..all that stuff in charcoal-y.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
WooHoo, found my xmas present. ST1200 lenco for sale local.
Nice, I recognize this one. Pro Mod bud of mine sent it to me, I was researching Lenco's for mine. I think this was a hell of a deal though.

How much HP you gonna make, I backed off the Lenco thought due to thier weight and HP drain.

Just got a Jerico Fri.

I still love a Lenco though.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Probably good you haven't finished with all the paint and underside detailing, as there is no way that Lenco is going to fit a stock tunnel. Heck, just getting a T-5 to fit was a bit of a challenge. Our Fairlanes have a narrow, shallow tunnel, especially compared to Mustangs.

Having said all that - LOVE the Lenco!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Probably good you haven't finished with all the paint and underside detailing, as there is no way that Lenco is going to fit a stock tunnel. Heck, just getting a T-5 to fit was a bit of a challenge. Our Fairlanes have a narrow, shallow tunnel, especially compared to Mustangs.

Having said all that - LOVE the Lenco!
My 66 has been rebuilt underside from back bumberto trans tunnel already been rebuilt to house a lenco as well to get to bell bolts better. Thought of that when car was tore apart. Frame tied together, drive shaft loop in 4 link, I missed nothing this time for I been through that stuff years ago with other cars. Dumb here but not plumb dumb. More you do the better next time.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
What is that sound deadner you are using?
I got rolls of it at swap meet but same stuff at lowes , very same. Goto contractor sale department and look on isles where sender blocks areon same isle. All lowes are the same maybe some towns has reverse but they sell it there. 50 bucks a roll. To do my fairlane took say 1 and 3/4 roll.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Nice, I recognize this one. Pro Mod bud of mine sent it to me, I was researching Lenco's for mine. I think this was a hell of a deal though.

How much HP you gonna make, I backed off the Lenco thought due to thier weight and HP drain.

Just got a Jerico Fri.

I still love a Lenco though.
1965 427 ford DRAG RACE engine. std bore (4.23) x 3.78 stroke shortblock built around C5AE-A 65 ford 427 block .
11.5 comp ratio TRW pistons/c-6 lemans rods/C5AE-$ steel cross drilled crankshaft .
010 on the mains/std on the rods. easy 590 h.p. built to drag race specs.
642" roller cam /lifters/crower pushrods/PRW steel roller rockers topped with dove spyder heat barrier coated intake.
milodon 7qt oil system with hp/hv pump and milodon oil pump rod.
engine is tested( 1 1/4 mile pass in 3200 lbs 56 ford gasser = 10:[email protected] ) and broken-in with brad-penn 30wt breakin
engine has cometec head gaskets.valves are s/s 2.15 intake+ 1.70 exhausts.heads are a stage III porting flow #s are just short of hi-riser head.....................Not too worried about hpatthis time on this engine. Got a tunnelport being built for a swap. Then will pull this 427 and save it for something later.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts