Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Sweet, Im not 110% on board with that HP drain issue. I have video of a 66/67 Fairlane with a stroked small block and Lenco STS 5, carrying the hoops through first and second, pulling down mid 9s. I think he says he pulling arnd 700 HP with it.
Only question, how much faster would it go minus the 100 + extra lbs and HP drain with a Liberty, Jerico etc. But mid 9s with the cool factor Lenco - - I would do that. Rock on it will be awesome.
Your on track with the mods for the tunnel, aint a big deal, all you have to do is the holes or access for the rods and a new cross member point for the Lenco cradle, pretty easy.
1965 427 ford DRAG RACE engine. std bore (4.23) x 3.78 stroke shortblock built around C5AE-A 65 ford 427 block .
11.5 comp ratio TRW pistons/c-6 lemans rods/C5AE-$ steel cross drilled crankshaft .
010 on the mains/std on the rods. easy 590 h.p. built to drag race specs.
642" roller cam /lifters/crower pushrods/PRW steel roller rockers topped with dove spyder heat barrier coated intake.
milodon 7qt oil system with hp/hv pump and milodon oil pump rod.
engine is tested( 1 1/4 mile pass in 3200 lbs 56 ford gasser = 10:[email protected] ) and broken-in with brad-penn 30wt breakin
engine has cometec head gaskets.valves are s/s 2.15 intake+ 1.70 exhausts.heads are a stage III porting flow #s are just short of hi-riser head.....................Not too worried about hpatthis time on this engine. Got a tunnelport being built for a swap. Then will pull this 427 and save it for something later.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Getting closer to paint. Very little flaws found in this car. It has been taken completely apart , rebuilt and finally near for color. I maybe a old man before I drive it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Been a while and still awaiting paint, bummer. Man is so busy and I kinda understand he is following the money trail after I done placed over half down. I have not seen it say 3 weeks and should be primed in by now . It was pushed out and is promised to get back on it. However the back glass is out and it has rained inside . The sound proofing I had laid down in back is wet now. I will have to pull it out for am afraid mildew will set in. I did not know this until I went. A simple tarp or replace the back glass would of prevented a lot of worries for me. Oh well, glad the interior had not been done yet. All had been sprayed with primer, sealer and coated so hopefully the wet will not be a problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
WooHoo, found my xmas present. ST1200 lenco for sale local.
Ok so what clutch/bellhousing did you use?

Did you have to custom make something?

I have a 61 galaxie that i plan on running a lenco in.
it has a 511 side oiler in it and i'm having trouble finding parts to connect lenco to side oiler.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I noticed that the responses in this forum are from way back, but I thought I'd give it a try. I have a 66 Fairlane 500xl, the interior has been replaced and a snap on the rear panel just above the arm rest has come out. Does anyone know how to replace the snap, the rivet didn't hold it in place. I not sure if there is a metal plate behind the panel..

41 - 50 of 50 Posts