Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the 3/8" fuel tank sending unit from a '67 Fairlane with big block V8 will work properly in a '66 Falcon 16-gallon fuel tank? I'm wanting to upgrade now from the 5/16" fuel sending unit to a 3/8" to get ready for when I slide in a new engine with a lot more horsepower (600-800 hp). I would go with a fuel cell but I want all of the trunk space.

I found this 3/8" unit: C7OZ-9275BR

The 5/16" unit I have in it now is: D0OZ-9275K

Has anyone upgraded their 16 gallon tank to a 3/8" sending unit and if so, what part number did you use? Thanks!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, I did a bunch of interwebs digging and it would appear the new unit I have now (D0OZ-9275K) is for a Ranchero and Falcon Station Wagon. The new fuel tank in this car is a F56A Spectra Premium for non-Ranchero/Wagon models, and I have a 2-door Falcon Futura. The sending unit for a '66 2-door Futura looks to be C6DZ-9275A and on the various parts websites that PN looks to be just about 95% physically the same as C7OZ-9275BR for the '67 Fairlane. I went ahead and ordered the C7OZ-9275BR sending unit so we'll see if it works. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To finish this out, the C7OZ-9275BR sending unit fits the tank perfectly. And, after test fitting it I noticed that the original one that came with the car when I bought it wouldn't have worked properly because its float moves in the opposite direction. Now to get all of the 5/16" fuel line replaced with 3/8".

·
Registered
378 Posts
Sounds great. Your right about not wanting a fuel cell for the street. I have one and there isn't any room in the trunk for hauling chairs and coolers and such. Roger

1 - 4 of 4 Posts