Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have acquired a 1966 Ford falcon with a straight 6 in it and I was wondering if you can take a p71 interceptor and take the whole drivetrain including front brakes the spindles off of that the rear axle. Obviously going to need a custom drive shaft to the rear end but engine transmission swapped over to the falcon from a p71 interceptor and yes I know I'm going to need to get custom motor mounts amongst other things I'm just wondering if it's practical since everything would be there that I want to get as in front rear disc brakes limited slip rear end V8 that has decent power for that small of a car I just kind of wanted those people's thoughts and if it would be Isabel

·
Registered
372 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
I went back and read the OP again. I'm thinking that The "P" wasn't intentional and he meant a 1971 donor vehicle.
Also the girlfriend "ISABEL" was probably supposed to be "doable". The post made more sense to me after making those substitutions. Sometimes auto-correct isn't your friend which is why I proof read my entries before hitting the post key.

·
Subscriber
607 Posts
P71 = Crown Vic cop car

The front end would be way too wide (it usually gets put under the trucks).
The crossmember is aluminum, so that complicates the welding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts