Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently bought this car restored. the trunk was done in a vinly like cloth doesn't really match the car should I put in the standard black carpet or try to color match the car it is light blue?

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I don't think the trunks ever came with black carpet. It's more like that really small checkered or stripped heavy vinyl stuff that gets hard and cracks over time.

I do like the idea of black carpet better.....I'd go with that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can anybody tell me about fan shrouds on a 1966 fairlane 289 auto. my car doesn't have one. fan pulley has an extension putting the blades within 1 1/2" of the rad, is that sufficient? should I use an electric one? should this car have had an fan shroud?

·
Registered
436 Posts
can anybody tell me about fan shrouds on a 1966 fairlane 289 auto. my car doesn't have one. fan pulley has an extension putting the blades within 1 1/2" of the rad, is that sufficient? should I use an electric one? should this car have had an fan shroud?
I'm pretty sure the 289 cars did not come equipped with fan shrouds. I was looking at an ad for a low mileage, original 65 Galaxie with a 289. No fan shroud.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
berry5, My 66 2dr hdtp 289/C4 has PS/AC has a factory fan shroud. Get one and you'll be better off.

My 66 usually runs around 180 city or highway but when it gets over 90 outside and I run the AC then it goes up to 190 or 195. I don't drive her much when it's that hot anyway. Early mornings when it's around 70 or below she loves the lower temps the best.

BTW....my shroud is metal and you can get fiberglass ones from the after market. If your lucky you might be able to snag one from some one here.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just pulled a 289 out of my 67 and am putting in a 390 so I don't need my shroud. I will check to see what shape mine is in. If it is good I will sell it cheap.

·
Registered
262 Posts
my 289 non-ac 67 has no shroud, new radiator, new waterpump, runs 180 all day, been close to 200 sitting in heavy traffic, but has never overheated.
I had a 352 66 galaxie that woud sweat if a traffic light turned yellow. that got hot quick. had to turn free right a lot to cool off. was the long way around, but beats overheating.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts