Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm new here.
I have been asked by a family friend to liquidate an estate of about 102 Ford, Lincoln, & Mercury collector cars. They are in various stages of condition from show cars to scrap for parts. Please bear with me as I list them over the next month or so, as they are not mine and I am doing my best to figure out exactly what they are, condition, etc etc etc. Here is the first one:

1966 Ford Galaxie 500
7 Litre
Convertible
4 speed
Numbers matching
Needs restoration, but overall a solid car and it is what it is.
I do believe that I have the front bumper as well. The valve covers are incorrect.
Sorry, I don't have alot of pictures due to where it's located. It's very tight.
Feel free to contact me for a showing.

Price: $8500

Attachments

·
Premium Member
34,854 Posts
That is a prospectively nice car man! I mean probably the most valuable so far next to the Lincoln.

I think the asking price is a bit steep, but only by a grand or two. If I had a few thou laying around I'd offer it sincerely for this car, because in the end, after a 30 or 35K restoration, this will be an instant $20K in liquid cash, unlike most other restored cars of it's era.

·
Premium Member
5,369 Posts
Yeah LOL!
If it's a 427, then it's an instant bargain.
Then again, if it's a 428, maybe not so.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah LOL!
If it's a 427, then it's an instant bargain.
Then again, if it's a 428, maybe not so.
It is the numbers matching 428. Somebody replaced the valve covers. We have one that are correct to replace.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As of this morning, it is now listed as a new find on the international 7 Litre registry.
It is number 83 known to exist.

·
Premium Member
5,369 Posts
Yes I thought it might have been fairly rare being a 4 speed convertible.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got the July 2011 issue of Hemmings Motor News.
Big article on the 1966 7 Litre cars. Says they are way undervalued!

Time to buy, boys !

·
Registered
50 Posts
I run the 7-Litre website and the International 7-Litre Registry.

7 Litre Home Page

Contact me off forum regarding this car. Only 3, 7-Litre convertibles are known to exist that were finished in Antique Bronze and this is one of 2 to come with a 4-speed. The reason it hasn't sold is no-one knows about it.

I can post it on the site's cars for sale page. Alot of guys would want this car if it is solid.

Vince

1 - 20 of 32 Posts