Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for my classic car a 66 mustang , i found a very clean one. asking 17500, how much would u spend or is a 66 coupe with an a crated 302, power steering,C4 auto,drum brakes. how much would u spend? thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
Looking for my classic car a 66 mustang , i found a very clean one. asking 17500, how much would u spend or is a 66 coupe with an a crated 302, power steering,C4 auto,drum brakes. how much would u spend? thanks guys.
Coupe NO...
Fastback YES....:D

·
Premium Member
34,853 Posts
What you described is worth about $5500 bucks.

What Lars likes is a $18-35,000 dollar fastback, much different car, and if I had MY choice I'd drive a coupe over a FB any day. Too many blind spots in a fast back for me to be comfortable around moron drivers....

OK now you want to know what a GOOD price is for a NICE 66 Mustang, you can by them all day long under $8,000 bucks that have been very nicely refurbished, or you can go to e-bay and bid on one that nobody ever meets the reserve price on because they spent $30K restoring a car that's only worth $18,000...

Catch my drift?

If you need help buying one, PM me and I can secure you a nice one before the end of the month that's far under the $17K mark and still has the original engine in it! Which is very very important to me. Crate motors are for wimps and cry babies :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advise, I'm taking my time researching what's out there in no rush to find a 66 mustang. Hey what is ur email address if I have any questions, sounds like u know a lot about where to find one.
Thanks again fe and going broke
Cheers

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Yeah, the 302 crate engine will lower the value if you are into dedicated restorations, even if not.

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
It would depend on how clean it is, was it restored recently and how good of a job they did. I would say it's hard to put a price on a car without seeing it also.

I personaly wouldn't worry about it being a crate engine, unless the car was something special. GT, Hipo?

FE, the car your restoring now, Is it only going to be worth $8 to $10K? If I read it right of it will cost him $30 to $40K to restore.

It's worth what your willing to pay, to save you time and $$ of doing it yourself.

I've got $15 to $20K wrapped up in my Fairlane. And close to $15K in my Falcon and it's not painted yet. Part's are not cheap, nor labor unless your doing it yourself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 66 coupe about 2 months ago for 15K. It had been restored. Cosmetically good; engine-302 w/ a nice cam, intake, headers. It is red and looks great! Ive had 68 fstbk, and a 66 vert-liked them both but like this 66 coupe best. I agree w/ the other post re: being able to see out the rear MUCH better. I bought it from a distant relative and it turns out the engine will need rebuilt and the tranny. Well, so what!! If I like the car it's worth it!!!! Get the car you like- I'd recommend a PPI inspection (road ready is an excellent one-$350 but well worth it.) Still, you won't know what you "got" until you drive it 500 miles. You will own a classic- many people only dream of that. "Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing. Make sure you see the car, drive it, and offer a realistic price. Cash talks!!!!!!!!!!!! Tom in Va.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts