Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally found a Galaxie after almost two years of looking. Pretty solid car with a 390. Not sure how I feel about the racing stripes, not sure if I should keep it that way or go with all one color. This is definitely a more manageable project than the Fairlane that I bought. Interior isnt too bad, but does need a headliner, Dash is cracked and drivers side armrest was broken. Exterior is good with a little bubbling around passenger rear wheel well, that will be addressed eventually. I look forward to tapping into everyone's knowledge as I pursue this project. More pics coming soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Cool car. I personally like it better without the stripes, or running the strips in a darker tint of the base color so they are more subtle. But if you decide you like the strips, its all good. Great looking car either way.

Paul

1969 R-Code, 4-Speed, Drag-Pack Cobra Fastback Project
1967 Mercury Commuter Wagon w/mild 429

My Car Restoration Projects

·
Registered
121 Posts
If you don't want a total repaint, change the top and stripes to semi or matte black, and ditch the dog dishes, for a sinister look.

·
Registered
181 Posts
In your first message, you mentioned that the dash was cracked. I have the exact same car; 390, 2 door, hardtop, etc. I was wondering what your plan of action is on that because my dash pad is completely destroyed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have been searching for one on ebay or a parts car on craigslist etc. I may go with a dashpad as a temporary solution, until I can find an original one. There was some guys on here in contact with a vendor that was in the process of producing reproductions. If you search the forums you will find the thread. By the time I hit that phase in the project, im sure the reproductions will be available lol.

In your first message, you mentioned that the dash was cracked. I have the exact same car; 390, 2 door, hardtop, etc. I was wondering what your plan of action is on that because my dash pad is completely destroyed.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Try these guys: Welcome To Just Dashes They aren't cheap but they will restore your original dash pad if they don't have one and they do excellent work. We ordered one for our Mach1 and it looked great, finish was correct and it fit perfect.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well that's my problem, I've already been on their website and they rebuild your dash pad.
problem #1: its almost $2,000
problem #2: My dash pad is gone
So, my number one priority is to get ahold of a dash pad, then im going to purchase one of those covers to go over it. It's much cheaper that way, and hopefully it'll last

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well that's my problem, I've already been on their website and they rebuild your dash pad.
problem #1: its almost $2,000
problem #2: My dash pad is gone
So, my number one priority is to get ahold of a dash pad, then im going to purchase one of those covers to go over it. It's much cheaper that way, and hopefully it'll last
WOW I didn't know they were that expensive, I sent them my old dashpad as a core and they sent me a restored one for $600. I gues it's because they sell more Mustang ones than Galaxies. I don't blame you I wouldn't pay that much either.

·
Registered
181 Posts
So, lets paint a picture here. It's 11:30. The moon is up and its almost pitch black. I'm sitting here on my super fluffy, white couch looking through the links on Ford Muscle Forums. I come across this one link to craigslist. I think what's the worst that can happen. I find this one guy in Vancouver who just sent his car to the crusher, but he salvaged some parts. I call and ask him what he has left. He has a dash pad. I ask for a picture. OH MY GOD!!!! The thing is practically new. send me a message/ e-mail if you want the link.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts