Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Regrettfully it's time to sell my '66 galaxie 500 4 door. I've had it for twenty years (since 1991). I've tried the local car swap meets as well as advertising in Old Autos, all to no avail. I'd appreciate any and all ideas out there. Thanks.

·
Administrator
21,676 Posts
4 doors are more difficult to sell, especially if the price isn't right. But have to say i've noticed they are gaining in popularity from what i've seen locally with any of the makes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll post some pictures shortly. Here are some details. Engine is a 289, rebuilt with mild performance upgrades, mild camshaft, heads are from performance automotive warehouse, (set up for unleaded fuel), edelbrock dual plane intake with a holly 500cfm carb. Rear axle ratio is 3:50, the old cruisomatic transmission was replaced with a ford aod with lokar throttle cable assembly. The gear change in the rear end results in snappy performance around town (great pick up) yet the overdrive transmission yields quiteness and good fuel economy on the freeway, (2,000 rpm at 70 m.p.h.)There's also tinted windows, add-on a/c (evaporator in the car) it's a modern system that uses 134-a and has an efficient rotary compressor. I also upgraded the cooling it has a howe double pass aluminum radiator, electric puller fan set-up (out of a ford taurus) and an upgraded alternator 100 amp out of a mercury sable. The last major upgrade was power frontdiscbrakes from master power brake. I also added a belt driven vacuum pump (24" of vacuum) to supply vacuum to the booster, which results in avery good pedal. Front & rear springs & shocks were replaced, there is also a pertronix ignitor. the paint is faded got it painted in 1991 (maroon) but in 1997 moved to mesa, arizona where i had most of the work,(upgrades done). I have most of the receipts, aod conversion was done by Adolph's automatic transmissions in Glendale ,Arizona. The car was appraised in2009 at $6,500. I'm asking somewhere between $5,000 and $6,000. I had the car in arizona, from 19997 to 2003, then moved to las vegas until 2009. Now i'm working up in Toronto, Canada. It is currently stored in the backyard. I went from using the car as a daily driver to not using it at all. Therefore time to sell.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'll post some pictures shortly. Here are some details. Engine is a 289, rebuilt with mild performance upgrades, mild camshaft, heads are from performance automotive warehouse, (set up for unleaded fuel), edelbrock dual plane intake with a holly 500cfm carb. Rear axle ratio is 3:50, the old cruisomatic transmission was replaced with a ford aod with lokar throttle cable assembly. The gear change in the rear end results in snappy performance around town (great pick up) yet the overdrive transmission yields quiteness and good fuel economy on the freeway, (2,000 rpm at 70 m.p.h.)There's also tinted windows, add-on a/c (evaporator in the car) it's a modern system that uses 134-a and has an efficient rotary compressor. I also upgraded the cooling it has a howe double pass aluminum radiator, electric puller fan set-up (out of a ford taurus) and an upgraded alternator 100 amp out of a mercury sable. The last major upgrade was power frontdiscbrakes from master power brake. I also added a belt driven vacuum pump (24" of vacuum) to supply vacuum to the booster, which results in avery good pedal. Front & rear springs & shocks were replaced, there is also a pertronix ignitor. the paint is faded got it painted in 1991 (maroon) but in 1997 moved to mesa, arizona where i had most of the work,(upgrades done). I have most of the receipts, aod conversion was done by Adolph's automatic transmissions in Glendale ,Arizona. The car was appraised in2009 at $6,500. I'm asking somewhere between $5,000 and $6,000. I had the car in arizona, from 19997 to 2003, then moved to las vegas until 2009. Now i'm working up in Toronto, Canada. It is currently stored in the backyard. I went from using the car as a daily driver to not using it at all. Therefore time to sell.
having trouble posting pictures (they're j pegs) can anyone out there show me the way? Thanks

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts