Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 1966 Mustang HiPo C4 transmission and I'm looking for a new bell housing because mine has a crack in it and also has a heli-coil for the starter threads. I'm building a concours car and want to replace it. The question I have is any bell housings I'm finding have a casting number "RF-C5OP-7976-A LESTER 3", but my original has only the "C5OP-7976-A" number, no RF before it and no LESTER 3 after it.

Does anyone know what the difference is if any? Was there a specific bell housing for the HiPo C4 transmission that maybe had to do with the starter or something? I thought there were only small differences between the HiPo C4's and the regular one, mainly the servos...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

jason

·
Registered
485 Posts
The ONLY differences in a K code C4 are the C servo assembly , the valve body and the governor. This applies to the PCW-BA or the (67) PEE-K units. Lester is one of the aluminum foundries that made parts for Ford . Another was Sheffield. Either will do in concourse.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, interested in any information for purchasing torque converter and flex plate for a 1965 289HP in a A code auto 1965 mustang with it's stock C4 trans. Having problem with vibration or miss alignment of TC. I have been using a 157 tooth. 10.5", 28.2 OZ offset weighted flex plate. finding little in the way of information, your post title caught my interest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts