Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am trying to find a company that has a set of headers for a 385 series stroker Ford motor for my 1967 Mustang. Minimum of 2 inch primaries and a 3.5 collector. I am hoping for Scott Main ( MPG Heads) to come through with a set of headers for me. I plan to notch the shock towers with a RSS conversion kit to allow use of the stock steering. This will gain 11 inches total in room. Already have a hydraulic clutch.

Strip/street car with an 850 HP 572 stroker. I am a good fabricator and can deal with moving some stuff around. Will consider one off custom built headers. Do like to keep the headers up close a tight under the car. I have a mock up block/head set up. This is a fall winter project, but want to get these headers going.

I keep looking at these headers:

Hooker 6224HKR Hooker Super Competition Long tube Headers - Painted (holley.com)

Wonder if I could adapt them with my notching effort to make more room? If someone has a set of these headers off the car, I would pay for shipping to try them or I may just bite the bullet and purchase them unpainted and see what happens.

Any help or leads would be hugely appreciated! I bleed Ford Blue and need some deep breathing headers.

Rob

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hello,
I am trying to find a company that has a set of headers for a 385 series stroker Ford motor for my 1967 Mustang. Minimum of 2 inch primaries and a 3.5 collector. I am hoping for Scott Main ( MPG Heads) to come through with a set of headers for me. I plan to notch the shock towers with a RSS conversion kit to allow use of the stock steering. This will gain 11 inches total in room. Already have a hydraulic clutch.

Strip/street car with an 850 HP 572 stroker. I am a good fabricator and can deal with moving some stuff around. Will consider one off custom built headers. Do like to keep the headers up close a tight under the car. I have a mock up block/head set up. This is a fall winter project, but want to get these headers going.

Hooker 6224HKR Hooker Super Competition Long tube Headers - Painted (holley.com)

Wonder if I could adapt them with my notching effort to make more room? If someone has a set of these headers off the car, I would pay for shipping to try them or I may just bite the bullet and purchase them unpainted and see what happens.

Any help or leads would be hugely appreciated! I bleed Ford Blue and need some deep breathing headers.

Rob
Crites, 68 Cougar AKA 67/68 Mustang. I notched my towers because spark plug access is much better. They headers due fit without notching, just much easier. They are 2" in a 3 1/2" collectors. I had mine Jet Hot coated. Well worth it. Headers went in just as easy as the ones I did on my 66 Stang 331 stroker.

Attachments

·
Registered
855 Posts

Rob
[/QUOTE]
Those are for a rear sump, front steering RP. Totaling differnt due to steering linkage.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Robert,
Look up Mad Dog headers. He IIRC makes them for Crites. I have some for my '67 Ranchero and they are very good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Darn the luck Mad Dog stopped making headers for Crites 20 years ago. Seems that cold rolled tubing for making headers is almost non-existent for header manufacturers right now. Anyone have a source for cold rolled 2 inch o.d. tubing? If so let me know.

Rob

·
Registered
683 Posts
Rob ,
One last chance would be John Vermeersch at total Performance in MI. 586-468-3710. He may have a set.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts