Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there Fellow Ford Fairlane Fans...

I have just aquired a 1967 Fairlane 500 four door that I plan on using as my daily driver... in fine shape...and I have been running into some walls finding out stuff about it... as I make some tweaks...and I would appreciate any resources that anybody can tag onto this post... like...

good places to find parts...
good parts to buy... (VS China MOCO)
where to find trim...
what to use for lead substitute...
best repair manual...
where to find specs...
body tips and tricks...
general tips and tricks...
good places for "how to's"...
does paintless dent repair work on these cars?
Insurance tips...
seatbelt tips...
history of the '67... i have seen the Wikipedia paragraph...
does anybody else out the own a '67 Fairlane?

Anyway I'll post Hattie's portrait as soon as the sun comes back up...

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi there Fellow Ford Fairlane Fans...

I have just aquired a 1967 Fairlane 500 four door that I plan on using as my daily driver... in fine shape...and I have been running into some walls finding out stuff about it... as I make some tweaks...and I would appreciate any resources that anybody can tag onto this post... like...

good places to find parts...
good parts to buy... (VS China MOCO)
where to find trim...
what to use for lead substitute...
best repair manual...
where to find specs...
body tips and tricks...
good places for "how to's"...
does paintless dent repair work on these cars?
Insurance tips...
seatbelt tips...
does anybody else out the own a '67 Fairlane?

Anyway I'll post Hattie's portrait as soon as the sun comes back up...

Thanks in advance...
Hi, I too have a '67 Fairlane 4 door. Here are a few resources to try.

Woody's Fairlane Site!

1962-70 Ford Fairlane & 1968-71 Torino Parts at MACs Antique Auto Parts

Centrally located right here in the heart of Oklahoma

Home - Fairlane Club of America

Ebay is a good place for manuals and several good factory assembly type manuals.
And, of course, this very site can be the source of tons of info/opinions/help with just about anything.

·
Registered
76 Posts
There are tons of parts out there both re-pops, NOS and used. The trim is something you are probably going to have to find used. Your nearest Ford dealer can help too. 67Fairlane 4dr gave you a good start, but do an internet search. Ebay can be helpful. If you get stuck on trim, send me a PM and I can share a resource with you.

As for lead substitute, I'd go to you nearest discount auto parts. If they don't have it they can get it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
welcome aboard, i just sold my 4 dr. I've had great experience with Desert Valley Auto Parts located in Arizona. Also i relied on Mac's auto parts out of lockport NY a bunch plus rockauto.com was a big help. Do yourself a favor and jump on ebay or amazon and buy the 1967 fairlane shop manual for around $50. Otherwise this is a great site and you will find tons of info and help from all the great ford family members that share this site. Good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions

·
Registered
734 Posts
good places to find parts... . Ebay, autokrafters, MACs, deerbornclassics
good parts to buy... (VS China MOCO) autokrafters, MACs, deerbornclassics
where to find trim... Ebay, autokrafters, MACs, deerbornclassics
what to use for lead substitute... not sure
best repair manual... reprint original shop manual, ebay
where to find specs... woodys fairlane site .com
body tips and tricks... replace, dont cover
good places for "how to's"... ebay, tech archive here on this site
does paintless dent repair work on these cars? no idea
Insurance tips... preference
seatbelt tips... retractable
does anybody else out the own a '67 Fairlane?... many parts off cougars, comets, mustangs, fairlanes of the same years. 66-69 depending.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I have just aquired a 1967 Fairlane 500 four door that I plan on using as my daily driver... like...where to find trim...

What kind of trim are you looking for?

Trim in particular that I am looking for is the Headlight Bezel / door, which nobody makes and are getting pricey on eBay.... the 66 is easy to find, but not the 67.

I am also going to need body chrome / trim in places, or to re-work the stuff that is there... as the elderly lady who owned the car before me had some difficulty getting in and out of the garage ... (at least this car was in the garage, not the pasture or barn)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Trim in particular that I am looking for is the Headlight Bezel / door, which nobody makes and are getting pricey on eBay.... the 66 is easy to find, but not the 67.

I am also going to need body chrome / trim in places, or to re-work the stuff that is there... as the elderly lady who owned the car before me had some difficulty getting in and out of the garage ... (at least this car was in the garage, not the pasture or barn)
The 66s are repopped, though not very well. The 67 can be repaired if they are not cracked too bad. As I said, PM me if you want a contact for trim.

·
Registered
334 Posts
welcome aboard, i just sold my 4 dr. I've had great experience with Desert Valley Auto Parts located in Arizona. Also i relied on Mac's auto parts out of lockport NY a bunch plus rockauto.com was a big help. Do yourself a favor and jump on ebay or amazon and buy the 1967 fairlane shop manual for around $50. Otherwise this is a great site and you will find tons of info and help from all the great ford family members that share this site. Good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions
FYI - Eckler's who bought out Dearborn Classics has recently purchased Mac's Auto Parts. Just sayin'!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts