Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I have a 1967 Ford Galaxie 500 with the 289 and 3 speed on the column. I recently tried to replace my factory fusebox with a Painless Performance fusebox, and promptly discovered that I could not make it work with the original wiring harness. I had clipped the wires about an inch long off the original fuse box in case I had to re install it. Now that I’m attempting to do so, I cannot find where the main battery power (black and yellow wire) is supposed to connect. I cannot find the original insulated connector either, and have no recollection of where it attached to the fusebox. Iv included a photo of the old fusebox with the wires still connected. If someone could tell me what kind of connector I need, and where it’s supposed to connect, I would be grateful to know. Thank you for reading
Electrical wiring Wood Gas Cable Wire

·
Administrator
22,096 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Hi everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I have a 1967 Ford Galaxie 500 with the 289 and 3 speed on the column. I recently tried to replace my factory fusebox with a Painless Performance fusebox, and promptly discovered that I could not make it work with the original wiring harness. I had clipped the wires about an inch long off the original fuse box in case I had to re install it. Now that I’m attempting to do so, I cannot find where the main battery power (black and yellow wire) is supposed to connect. I cannot find the original insulated connector either, and have no recollection of where it attached to the fusebox. Iv included a photo of the old fusebox with the wires still connected. If someone could tell me what kind of connector I need, and where it’s supposed to connect, I would be grateful to know. Thank you for reading View attachment 172226
Hello SpacePants67,

Whilst I do not have a '67 I do believe our '68's are similar. That black wire with the yellow stripe goes to the natural nylon colour (creamy white) connector on the drivers side of the dash (1 of 3 main Molex type connectors). It's above the orange wire in the connector cavity. I have a spare '68 dash harness I just checked since it was easy to get to.

Cheers

·
Administrator
22,096 Posts
Someone posted this one. But might be hard to read and tell what info you need.

@DesertXL Thanks for the trip over! I should of probably moved the thread but if he comes back he might get lost. But could of left a redirect for him.

Circuit component Rectangle Schematic Font Engineering

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One more note I can take a picture of it if you like.
Thanks DesertXL, I’m honestly trying to determine where the black/yellow wire connects to the fuse box. I can’t tell if it connects to one end of a glass fuse holder or if it has its own point it connects to. If you’re fusebox looks anything like the one in my picture, let me know if you could take a pic for me. Thanks

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Thanks DesertXL, I’m honestly trying to determine where the black/yellow wire connects to the fuse box. I can’t tell if it connects to one end of a glass fuse holder or if it has its own point it connects to. If you’re fusebox looks anything like the one in my picture, let me know if you could take a pic for me. Thanks
Howdy SpacePants67,

I think this is what you're looking for:

Musical instrument Motor vehicle Gas Bicycle part Automotive wheel system

Here's some others:

Electrical wiring Cable Composite material Wire Gas

Asphalt Wood Road surface Twig Gas

If there is any more pictures you need of it, please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts