Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am realizing some of my running problems could be that I don't have a PCV in place. When I got the car I never thought about it but I only have a pop on breather cap on the passenger side (rear most vavle cover opening). Thedriver's side has the hole more forward and has nothing. What's the proper config for this?
Thanks,
Brian

·
Premium Member
5,912 Posts
what engine, carburetor and intake?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a 390 with a Holley street avenger 650 with electric choke and an old holley street avenger? intake.
Thank you,
Brian

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
You WANT to set up a PCV system to take out as much of the combustible and acidic vapors and debris as you can from the crank case atmosphere, the best way it to hook up a pcv valve in one valve cover to the carb base, and the other valve cover should have an air filter.

When running, the engine should have a slight vacuum on the air breather side, this will tell you that the pcv is working.

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
You WANT to set up an EGR system to take out as much of the combustible and acidic vapors and debris as you can from the crank case atmosphere, the best way it to hook up a pcv valve in one valve cover to the carb base, and the other valve cover should have an air filter.

When running, the engine should have a slight vacuum on the air breather side, this will tell you that the pcv is working.
egr's put in , pvc's take out and put in the same place as the egr .and eack work in a different place

1 - 7 of 7 Posts