Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, all,

My 1967 500’s frame was worse than I initially expected the torque boxes and frame rails are all compromised. I’m trying to find an aftermarket solution, however I’m having difficulty locating one. I’ve located a galaxy frame in Tennessee,However I’m concerned about the metallurgy, and I’m wondering what aftermarket options I have for either repair, or replacement.

V/R

Clutch

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Good morning, all,

My 1967 500’s frame was worse than I initially expected the torque boxes and frame rails are all compromised. I’m trying to find an aftermarket solution, however I’m having difficulty locating one. I’ve located a galaxy frame in Tennessee,However I’m concerned about the metallurgy, and I’m wondering what aftermarket options I have for either repair, or replacement.

V/R

Clutch
Hello ClutchMagpie,

After repairing a frame and seeing the amount of damage one of these frames suffer even from Colorado or Kansas I would say unless you have around 20 thousand burning a hole in your pocket your best bet is locating a frame from the Southwest. Every single 66 and 68 I've literally unearthed from down here has a really solid frame.

Otherwise you could always phone up places like Art Morrison, The Roadster Shop, etc and have them custom build you a frame, but even their already designed frames are around 15K. If they have don't have the drawings for the 67/68 frame then add in engineering costs atop the build price. I would estimate around 20K.

I would call places like Desert Valley Auto Parts, CTC Auto Ranch, etc in the Southwest and price out a frame and shipping. Given the sharp increase in inflation I would estimate 2-3 thousand shipped.

Good Luck.

It's a shame peoples timing are always off. I've offered up two frames now for free and ended up slicing them up and hauling to the local rubbish dump.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello ClutchMagpie,

After repairing a frame and seeing the amount of damage one of these frames suffer even from Colorado or Kansas I would say unless you have around 20 thousand burning a hole in your pocket your best bet is locating a frame from the Southwest. Every single 66 and 68 I've literally unearthed from down here has a really solid frame.

Otherwise you could always phone up places like Art Morrison, The Roadster Shop, etc and have them custom build you a frame, but even their already designed frames are around 15K. If they have don't have the drawings for the 67/68 frame then add in engineering costs atop the build price. I would estimate around 20K.

I would call places like Desert Valley Auto Parts, CTC Auto Ranch, etc in the Southwest and price out a frame and shipping. Given the sharp increase in inflation I would estimate 2-3 thousand shipped.

Good Luck.

It's a shame peoples timing are always off. I've offered up two frames now for free and ended up slicing them up and hauling to the local rubbish dump.
Oooph, that last paragraph hurts. I just got this Galaxie from a small town an hour east of me. She’s got a lot going for her, but the long parts of the fram are no good. Front and rear are solid however.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I agree with DesertXL 100% regarding the Southwest frames being the best you'll find. However, I have a frame out of a '68 Florida car that ended up here in NH that is rock solid but everything around it was rotted from the top down. I bought the car for the frame only so I sold what I could and scrapped the rest. I don't know if I just got lucky with this one or perhaps Florida cars are another option for you. I'm sure someone from that area would know better than I.

Here's a couple of pic's of a Florida frame. First is after body removal, second is after media blasting and paint. Changed second picture to show frame after media blasting and without paint. Gives a better idea of the condition of the frame.

Plant Window Tree Wood Tire
Plant Land vehicle Tire Tree Vehicle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts