Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was testing the lights and switches on my 67 galaxie wagon when I noticed that when the light switch is pulled half way, the front parking lights come on, and when its pulled all the way out, the parking lights go out and the headlights come on. Is this a normal function?

If its possible, I would like to make it so all are on when the switch is pulled all the way out.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
My 62 is the same way. I don't know what year they changed it but it is a function of the light switch.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
That's normal. But if you want to change it just connect the wire for the parking lights to the wire for the tail lights. Simple one wire change.

·
Super Moderator
21,516 Posts
Think so, '64s do that. I might like to do that once is get the one glaring park light to quit glowing like a beacon as bright as my headlights.

·
Registered
466 Posts
totally normal until the 1970 model year, then the signals/park lamps stay on...
Yep.

As previous poster said... simple to keep park lights on by moving the wire to the tail light circuit.
I did that on my 68 Mustang.

On my 66 Galaxie I went a different route.

If you have the original Ford alternator it should have a "sta" (stator) terminal on the rear.
Not connected to anything.

That terminal is energised whenever the engine is running.

I wired the sta teminal to a relay, and the relay sends power to the park light circuit.
So whenever the engine is running the park light are on, kinda like daytime running lights. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As always guys, thanks for the info! I thought it was possible the system was designed that way, but with all the work I have done, I wasnt sure if I made a mistake somewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts