Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally getting a thread going here to show some of what I am getting done. I will be brief as I have a blog listed in my sig below where I go into more detail, but anyhow, here are a couple of the latest things I have finished up.

First off is one of the hood hinges.

Product


Gun


Next is the upper control arm. I had to straighten out one of the bushing holes. It had a pretty good bend in it and wiped out that bushing as a result. But it's all good now!

Fuel tank Auto part Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting Motorcycle accessories


Auto part Suspension part Bicycle part


Now I can do the other sides!

Will post more soon.

Paul

1969 R-Code, 4-Speed, Drag-Pack Cobra Fastback Project
1967 Mercury Commuter Wagon w/mild 429

My Car Restoration Projects
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, it has been way too long between posts, but I have gotten quite a bit done. But I get to talk with pictures today, so here we go!

I finished cleaning up the front end. Not perfect, but that wasn't my goal. It will be very nice, watch and see! The first step after everything had been degreased, wire-wheeled, and wiped down was to spray everything with rust converter.





Next I used Eastwood Products Internal Frame Coating to get in all of the tight spaces. Then a coat of Eastwood's Rust Encapsulator.





Before top-coating, I went ahead and hit the seams with new seal sealer and body putty.


And finally a coat of Eastwood's Extreme Chassis Black. It is lookin' good now. I need to finish up cleaning up some parts for the reassembly!

I will post more pics of progress as they become available.

Thanks,
Paul
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just finished up detailing the C6 that will back up to the 429 going back in my Commuter wagon. I decided to give it a CJ feel and have dubbed it my Fauxbra Jet Trans. Amazing what a few hours of cleaning and a couple cans of paint will do!

While its out, I also added a B&M shift kit, and will be installing a Lokar billet transmission shift arm while I'm at it. This should help with the changeover from column to floor shift.

Paul

1969 R-Code, 4-Speed, Drag-Pack Cobra Fastback Project
1967 Mercury Commuter Wagon w/mild 429

My Car Restoration Projects
 

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top