Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am looking to swap in a t5 transmission into my 1967 mustang coupe and i have some questions for anyone who has previously delt with the swap. First, the pedal assembly. Can i just use my stock brake pedal and attach the clutch pedal? or do i need a whole new assembly/old one from another 67 mustang. i am looking to install the masterslave cylinder instead of a cable system. There are multiple different forums all over the internet but none answer everthing i need to know. Anything helps at this point. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
You will need to replace your pedal, not the hanger box, but the pedal assembly, clutch and pedal. There are some threads about making one our of a brake, but with readily avail parts, its not really worth it.

Modern Driveline will have everything you need, and they are really good with customer support.

I shifted mine from a mechanical stock Z bar linkage to a cable, and loved it. It was by far the easiest instal to do. Only draw back was the headers, I think the Heddman Long Tubes or any shorty will do it.

Hyd are great, and I am going to one on the BB build, but for the cost, ease of installation and maintenance on the two, Cable is most economical end easiest.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts