Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

I'm working on a '67 Country Sedan right now and I'm trying to figure out the best course of action to repair the driver's side quarter panel. From the body line in the middle down, it's trashed. The rest of the car is really really good, it's just this one area. Enough is gone toward the bottom that fabricating is going to involve a lot of guess work. Doable, but not ideal.

I have a lead on a '67 Galaxie 500 4 door sedan and I was wondering if anybody knew how much of the quarters between the two match. I'm talking wheel well lip, where the door meets the quarter, that area. They look similar but before driving several hours, I was hoping someone could help me confirm or deny.

Also have a lead on '66 Country Sedan but the whole thing is looking... not identical. Although it has a non-shattered windshield that might be worth acquiring.

Any help or tips would be great. I have experience with a bunch of unibody Ford passenger cars from the era but this is my first full sized. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I would say there is no metal swapping with the 66, everything was different between model years, probably including the glass, but only my guess. An factory service manual and master parts manual should be very helpful to you.

I expect the wagon quarters are different than the sedan quarters, but the dogleg area and wheel arch could be similar. A good donor wagon is going to be the best bet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say there is no metal swapping with the 66, everything was different between model years, probably including the glass, but only my guess. An factory service manual and master parts manual should be very helpful to you.

I expect the wagon quarters are different than the sedan quarters, but the dogleg area and wheel arch could be similar. A good donor wagon is going to be the best bet.
The parts numbers for the glass, when reproductions were still being made, are the same for '65-'68. I know at the very least Ford used the same glass for Mustangs between those years so it wouldn't shock me if it was true.

Yeah, but good luck finding one. Just seeing if I can fabricobble some metal from a car that's going to be junked anyway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would say the 67 sedan will give you the most to work with, dog leg wheel opening not sure about the rear door
Window frame and glass.
Without seeing it in person, it does look like everything should match based on holding pictures side by side. At least the stuff that needs to be match. Above the belt line is different but that doesn't matter. The dogleg is the most roached part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts