1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
5,369 Posts
I hate it when no one answers, and the thread's just about ready to slip off the page.
Oh yeah, I'd love to have a 427 Cougar. Rare as rocking horse poop.

·
Super Moderator
21,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It happens sometimes. LOL No cougar section to post this to so thought it would work here. The main cougar person I remember isn't on much anymore.:( At least not in the garage or galaxie dept.
I had to read up on the Buried Belvedere on this same site. The comment about it will run again made me laugh. It might but it would be an almost totally new engine to make it happen. Unless of course you have a "magic trailer" like Cook.;)

Deb

·
Registered
293 Posts
If I were to own a Cougar it would have to be FE powered. The 427 would be the ultimate, of course. Here's a couple Pics from last years show in Vallejo. Apparently I didn't get a picture of the whole car. It was very plain-jane looking, possibly original paint and all. Perfect in my opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
What would be bitchin' (IMO) would be to take a 67/68 XR-7 and custom make to a 1968 (no GT-E badging) 427/390HP (this 427 was seriously detuned from the previous year 427MR) and install 1968 1/2 COUGAR 428CJ RAM-AIR.

Why the W-CODE 427 only went to MERC still perplexes me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts