Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 68 Galaxie Wagon with a 390 auto. Gonna possibly part it out. I need a few things off it but it has lots of good chrome. Motor is for sale won't know all the details till I get it home tomorrow. Let me know what you need.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Below is a video of the 390 running. This is the first startup in who knows how long and my bro was adjusting the carb and timing. It runs great and the oil looks like new! This would make a nice motor for someone. I am not able to run it down the street as it has a tie rod that came apart but it does jump into gear like it should. The trans code on the door tag is Z and comes up as an XPL Special. If I have figured this out XPL is C-6 and Special means its a towing/police package. This car also has factory Disk Brakes if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I just bought a 68 Galaxie Wagon with a 390 auto. Gonna possibly part it out. I need a few things off it but it has lots of good chrome. Motor is for sale won't know all the details till I get it home tomorrow. Let me know what you need.
how much for the driver side fender

driver side eyebrow molding?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how much for the driver side fender

driver side eyebrow molding?

There are some dents in it so I am not sure if you would still want it? I am pretty sure there is no rust on it just has dents. Let me know.

Here are 2 videos that do a better walk around.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I would be interested in the brake booster/master cylinder. I will be needing parts very soon. Definately need a power steering pump assembly. Pump/bracket/hoses. Wouldn't mind the disc brakes. What about interior? Probably not the same for a 67 fastback but curious. Depends on my financial status when I come up but I may be interested in several parts.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I may also be interested in a stock steering wheel. My seats are in awsome shape, but thats it for interior. Hoping to sell a piece of equipment this week. I will probably have a list of parts needed.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The interior is different from the 67 along with the steering wheel. As of right now the whole car is supposed to go to a local guy who wants the frame but I text him yesterday and haven't got a response. I have been stripping the car as much as I can and had a guy come pull some other stuff he wanted. If the guy doesn't want the frame We may be able to work a deal but it would be for the whole roller and I would leave the motor in the car then. Text me.

·
Registered
622 Posts
There are some dents in it so I am not sure if you would still want it? I am pretty sure there is no rust on it just has dents. Let me know.

Here are 2 videos that do a better walk around.

oh i see. what about the front driver side eyebrow molding?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Gary can you clarify? You must be talking about the trans that I mention? If so then I got the code from the door and assumed the trans was the Special due to being a 10 passenger wagon.

Mauri I would have to see if I can figure out how it comes off! Lol! I was told by more than one person that the dents are still easier to fix than rust repair on the fender. What is wrong with yours?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Gary can you clarify? You must be talking about the trans that I mention? If so then I got the code from the door and assumed the trans was the Special due to being a 10 passenger wagon.

Mauri I would have to see if I can figure out how it comes off! Lol! I was told by more than one person that the dents are still easier to fix than rust repair on the fender. What is wrong with yours?
lol its kinda hard to explain what's going on with my front fender. when you look at it it looks perfect but when you compare it to the pass. side you can see what's going on. my front driver side fender kinda goes inwards at the end about an inch. i don't think its worth fixing for a while though. but i do Nerf the front driver side molding. i believe its held in by two nuts in the back of them. they should be reachable without removing the fender.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ok I will check it out when I head out to the garage tomorrow. Maybe your fender just needs to be shimmed? This is how you line up the top and bottom by the door. Oh and I just posted all the pics of the drivers fender.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No sweat Gary I have done it many times myself! :) If it was a special engine it would be going in my wagon!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok here is where I am at on things.

The front inner fenders are gone already. Also sold are the motor and trans, frame with the disk brakes, rear jump seats, wiper motor, wiper switch, rear speaker switch, kick panels, AM radio, fuse block, washer pump, washer bottle, both vents, hood hinges, rear bumper, and both horns.

There are still tons of parts left if anyone needs. I have 4 rust free doors, and only the drivers door needs some dent work. The other three are near mint! I have all side glass in excellent shape, and the pass vent window assembly. I have a very decent tailgate that is only a little surface rust inside, also have the power rear window regulator no motor. I have all window regulators, glove box liner and door, complete instrument cluster, all interior trim pieces and there are a lot! I have all pieces of the back corners where the grates are that take the are and wrap it around to the rear window.

The only rust on this car is in the lower part and wheel well lip of the rear quarters.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The door panels are pretty nice and with a little Mr. Clean Magic Eraser will look almost like new! Of course the drivers one has wear on the top from arms rubbing against it.

$50 plus the ride.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bump---- So far the rolling shell is gone which included all seats, the disk brake stuff and the inner ac box/vents stuff. Also gone are the front bumper, grilles, headlight buckets, and the turn signal assemblies and gas tank are spoken for. Also gone are the motor and trans, driveshaft, wiper motor, wiper switch, washer motor and bottle, horns, inner fender wells, kick panels, vents, and the e brake light.

I have most everything else left yet and I pulled almost every part out I could so if you need rust free doors, tailgate, window regulators, rust free fenders, nice door panels, rear side panels, or even any of the rear trim or corner pieces let me know. I also have all glass except the windshield (cracked) and rear window which I am keeping as extra unless I have a strong offer on it. I do also have the whole power steering pump with lines and bracket along with the external AC box with lines, and compressor brackets but no compressor. I also have the heater core box too. The only other parts I am keeping are the center grille support, window crank handles, and rear bumper. I do have a guy coming this weekend for possibly the drivers fender and some other parts he may need.

Thanks,
Jesse

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I just happen to have the whole setup you need. I will PM you. ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts