Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new fuel tank for my 1968 Galaxie, I installed an electric fuel pump and need to weld in bungs so i can gravity feed rather than syphon feed. Anyone have any pics of what they have done in the past.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a done up 390 and needs electric fuel pump. someone must of welded in bungs on there gas tank.

·
Registered
176 Posts
hardycad,

For a carb extech is right. You can use your stock pickup and don't need gravity feed. The carb fuel pumps and the carb itself are more forgiving than EFI. If you really want to weld a bottom gravity pickup into your tank just about any weldable fitting will do. I'm sure Summit Racing, Jeg's, etc will have options.

- John

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I already have an electric fuel pump and when the motor was rebuilt it wasn't set up for manual fuel pump. Need pics of what others have done for welding in a bung and the location.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Stock Tank Rear Fuel Sump
Installation is a new/clean tank or fill with gas (CO2, Argon, dry ice, etc), cut matching hole, prep surfaces and lead solder. Some prefer brazing. Welding is least desirable, but doable if you take care to avoid warping or pinholes. Having a local truck stop, tank or radiator shop handle it may be easiest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts