Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
well guys im going on vacation friday to the caribbean so ill be back sun and hopefully will have more progress to post that week

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
well i got back from vacation and got a few things done on the truck.
ive finished painting the fire wall and front frame/horns. also finished putting the engine together minus some final touches. also painted the booster and hopefully this weekend will start tearing into the front disk i beam.
anybody know how to take the caliper off? lol its from a 74 f100.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
well after my vacation i finished painting the fire wall, and i painted the frame. plus i finaly put the motor together, PCVed, bolted and torqued. feels like ive been moching it up for months. but shes looking good. i still need to take care of the cab mounts. not looking forward to that.

painted the booster but im still not sure if im gonna use it cause it will need some tweaking to make it fit properly.

and here is the pic of the disk front end i got out of a 74 right before i tore into it.
im getting the rotors turned or replaced new calipers and pads plus bushings. then clean it up and paint it.

ill post more pics soon

my wife will be out of town next week for about a week so ill get to spend mucho amount of time on the truck. i hope to get it on all 4 wheels in 2 weeks time.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
HA! I can completely relate to this statement. Build is looking good. It's amazing what a little paint can do!
here i thought i was the only one :rolleyes:

let me guess you go out to the garage to work on your car. then an hour, maybe two if youre lucky. she comes out asking the question "are you done yet?" which she knows the answer to. but you know her question is no question at all. its her way of telling you to BE done or esle!

am i close?:)

·
Registered
86 Posts
here i thought i was the only one :rolleyes:

let me guess you go out to the garage to work on your car. then an hour, maybe two if youre lucky. she comes out asking the question "are you done yet?" which she knows the answer to. but you know her question is no question at all. its her way of telling you to BE done or esle!

am i close?:)

Close? No, more like dead on! Nice to see it's universal. Of course if I bought her a '66 Mustang, she wouldn't say anything about me working on it.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
welp i got busy with the front disc i beam last week. i got her taken apart then painted and sealed. the wife was out of town so i 'actually' had time to work on my truck as needed.

istallation was easier then i thought. about as hard as taking it out. i had to put some muscle into it and much hammering with my mallot. the driver side was easier.

everything i re-used from both ibeams, except the caliper, pads, hoses and bushings. the rotors are still fine. i will need to replace them soon.

re-used my shocks too, i will probably get a new set of those down the road. i just want her back on the street.

about this time of the week i was tired, so i installed the drag/steering linkage with out cleaning them up too much. i may paint it later.
i put new boots on the ball joints. and greesed them up goooood. even the spindle/king pins.

if you see what i did wrong in the pic above then you have a good eye. hey! i was tired and once i noticed i just said #*&@ IT! :p if you cant see what i did wrong then im going to act like the installation went flawless :D

BAM!!!! SHES ON ALL 4 WHEELS AGAIN!

well all i have left is to install the brake hoses and the front end project is complete.
next is (not actual order) changing out the coupling/ragjoint, brake booster & P-valve, some dual flowmaster exhaust and fix the cab mounts the best i can.
but in reality what is the next task to start is what parts come available. Im meeting up with a guy in a weeks time that has many of the front clip parts i need to give her a face back. if that goes well then ill probably hury and install the radiator core support and install the radiator so i can get her started again.
thanks for following my thread guys.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
well i bought some parts today from a guy who collects and sells 67-72 truck parts. hes actually a member on here i found out.

i got a core support for
left and right inner fender
and a driver side outer fender. i have the left outer fender already.

all rust free. well the cores got a little bit. got em for a fair price too.

ill get some pics of the parts up soon

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
i bought some used wheels w/like new tires. similar to the wheels on the truck now. i gouged 2 of them in wreck.
let me clean them up before i post pics

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
painted my replacement core support. and mocked up my brake booster. Got lucky my manual master cylinder fits my booster yay.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

its just sitting there for now.

and this is all the you get for pics of the wheels, till i clean them.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Re: 1968 F100 SWB Style Side

more pics coming soon.:tup:

im kinda thinking no one here likes the trucks as much lol

in other forums, this same progress thread is all the rave. :D

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
painted a perfect condition steering wheel i found in my dads garage, except it was red. it was one he bought years ago for the 64 f100.

fits perfectly

better then what came on it when i bought it.
before :zz:

after

i think it looks better too. :thup:

i also sanded primed and painted the passenger inner fender.
before

after

i also painted and installed the radiator to the new core support. its fits ok minus one bent area i will need to muscle into place.

see the how the radiator sits forward on one side? the core isn't tweaked, thank God. each side matched up evenly. its just that one top mount.

oh and i wired up my distributor, im using my old coil for now so i wired it up so that when i buy a MSD i can splice her in easy.

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
looking good....we care....:tup:
keep up the good work...;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
it seems no one here cares about this thread :confused:
WRONG !!! I've been following this thread since the beginning, sorry to here about the accident. Love your truck, I'm a big fan of the pre 80's pickups. I'm mostly a reader not a poster, keep up the good work and don't fret we are watching your progress...... Jim

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
lol 80s:D i figured id check. ive been getting mucho replys at another forums.

ive been using rustolium, ive been doing many layers of rust resistance and reversal paint along with some rubberized paintable sealants and gloss black paint. most has been rattle cans.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts