Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Desert, I went with a proportioning valve for my front disc conversion. Right now the knob is halfway but IDK if that is the best place for it. What is your advice?

Hello puttster,

Ideally the adjustable rear proportioning valve should be adjusted so that the front brakes lock up first then the backs under light, moderate and heavy/panic stopping conditions. The problem is finding a safe way to test and adjust this. We have a gravel driveway and an all dirt yard so that's my test bed. I don't mind making ruts on my property and I can't condone doing that on someone elses.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
Ideally the adjustable rear proportioning valve should be adjusted so that the front brakes lock up first then the backs under light, moderate and heavy/panic stopping conditions. QUOTE]
So the valve is to choke off pressure to the rears, so keep turning clockwise (Northern hemisphere) until fronts lock up first?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Hi puttster,

The direction to turn the adjustable proportioning valve might depend on who made it. I do not want to say one direction fits all. It should be in the directions from your valve.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I know you are jesting.... but also in jest...

How thick is your wallet? ;)

Seriously, the attention to detail etc, etc,
I'd love to have Desert build me one too. :)(y)
Boy oh boy you hit the nail in that coffin with attention to detail. It takes a tremendous amount of time, money and mental acuity to do this kind of thing. I spent a good 40 solid hours on those brakes and was over a grand in cost (of course that also covers buying extra parts for stocking).

Cheers

21 - 33 of 33 Posts