Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to this forum. I have a '68 Ford Galaxie 500 XL convertible in lime gold exterior color. I will take some pictures soon and post them on there. The car needs a good cleaning before I can post anything.

My car has drum brakes (not converted to disc brakes nor planning on doing so anytime soon). My mechanic stated that whoever owned the car before had an incorrect brake booster mounted. It's too small and too far away from the firewall. Recently, I was able to acquire a NOS brake booster for this car. However, I also need the correct brake booster mounting bracket which I don't have. I am unable to find this part online. I don't think I can use any of the aftermarket ones available for the conversion kits. Does anyone have any information on where I can potentially obtain that part, or does anyone know the dimensions so that I can build one? I cannot use the existing one as it's way too far out. The brake pedal is pushed down all the way before it starts braking. Trying to resolve that issue especially in a city as hilly as San Francisco. Any info appreciated! Attached is a picture of the brake booster that I need a bracket for.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts