Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
I have had a T45 behind a 32 valve Cobra in my 67 XL since 09 with over 30k on the clock. I had to reinvent the wheel with the hydraulic set up. I have a Wilwood master and pull slave connected to the Mustang clutch cable. I reinforced the firewall with some 1/4” aluminum and added an extra strut of 1/2” flat stock from one of the clutch master mount bolts to a place under the dash. Needless to say everything is holding together. I cannot say it is the easiest pedal to push.
I just received a new kit from Modern Driveline that mounts the slave on the T45 and mounts the master at an angle on the floor. I may reuse the original master as they both have the same bore. Hopefully the pedal will be easier.
My car was an automatic originally. I had to cut a lot more of the tunnel for the transmission shift tower. I reused the original console and used a piece of 3/8” X 2” X 6” flat stock bolted to the shift stalk which located the Hurst straight shift handle which worked perfect.
I just had to cut some of the console and finished it with a shift boot and mount plate.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts