Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1968 galaxie 500 with stock front disc brakes....yesterday i purchased some rims from summit racing.....the only size i could get with these rims was a 15x8 with a 3.75 inch backspace...placement on the hub without the tires on looks like they will be fine....am i correct in this assumption and if so what size tire would i need?

·
Registered
160 Posts
On my 1968 XL i have 3.75 backspacing on front and 5.5 bacspacing depth of the rim in rear in which case i have 15x10 rears and 15x7 fronts and I am pretty close to the spring in the rear. I also measured bolt pattern if you needed it to confirm for your order and it is 5 on 4.5 as well just in case you needed that. Shipping is crazy expensive! Tire size depends on what ur doing with your application. More info will help!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your reply....i allready have the rims as i live about 2 miles from summit....they are 15x8 front and back with a 3.75 backspace and a 5x4.5 lug pattern....was thinking of putting some 235 60 r 15 tires on them....will this work?

·
Registered
160 Posts
On the fronts I am running a 235 60/15 and on the rear with air shocks I run a 295/50, the fronts have absolutly no clearance issues and fit really well, in the future I am going to drop the front down on tire sidewall height, I want to lower the front only like an inch or two, I believe I can get that without changing springs, However the rear with stock springs require air shocks to keep the tires from just barely rubbing on the rear quarters, I keep them at about 125psi and never have problems. Good luck with the new rims and tires!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts