Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my girlfriend and I moved in together a few weeks ago and I havnt started my new job in Georgia yet so I find myself with some time to look at her ol 390. Well it's her grandfathers car that her dad bought and drove then one day he parked it, came out to start it the next day and it would just crank and crank and crank. So that's where he left it a few years ago.

It's now my girlfriend/ fiance 's car and I'd like to get it running again. It's just sitting here and honestly as far as ford's go, it's a beautiful car. every single thing is still here. Just been sitting forever. So imma pull the air filter and and the distributer, flush the tank and lines, replace plugs after a oil change and see what it dose. Anything help with vacuum diagram would be appreciated.

Now I'm a mechanic (diesel mech) but have been a mechanic my whole life (I'm only 28)
And I'd would appreciate any words of wisdom or advice on this car as I'd like to keep it in her family and running not just collecting moss and crapp from the weather. I'll post some pictures with this post.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So my girlfriend and I moved in together a few weeks ago and I havnt started my new job in Georgia yet so I find myself with some time to look at her ol 390. Well it's her grandfathers car that her dad bought and drove then one day he parked it, came out to start it the next day and it would just crank and crank and crank. So that's where he left it a few years ago.

It's now my girlfriend/ fiance 's car and I'd like to get it running again. It's just sitting here and honestly as far as ford's go, it's a beautiful car. every single thing is still here. Just been sitting forever. So imma pull the air filter and and the distributer, flush the tank and lines, replace plugs after a oil change and see what it dose. Anything help with vacuum diagram would be appreciated.

Now I'm a mechanic (diesel mech) but have been a mechanic my whole life (I'm only 28)
And I'd would appreciate any words of wisdom or advice on this car as I'd like to keep it in her family and running not just collecting moss and crapp from the weather. I'll post some pictures with this post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts