Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my hands on a 1968 Torino fastback roller and would like to build it into a drag car but have never built an all out drag car. Just wondering what kinda mods it would need to the frame to handle it. I got a 800hp bbf lined up for it. But would love to see some pics of other setups thanks.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Calvert bars in the rear and "brace" the housing ( it's wide) use 31 spline or more axles and a ten inch slick. 800 hp shoud get you well into the tens if not nines. You will nee a roll cage too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input is their anything i should do to the front end i would like to get those shock towers out of the way looks like the mustang 2 front end is the only way to do that and is a 4 link rear worth doing or would i be fine with the leave spring

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yes you would gain a ton of room witht he Mustang II front end. I would stay with leaves as the four link is allot of work and tricky to "tune"
Randy

·
Registered
540 Posts
When you get it all together and "pull the wheels" for the first time , you will find out how long that hood really is! I was a bit rattled the first time I did it and "lost the horizon". I quickly learned that a twisting sensation in the seat meant I wasn't going straight. No sensation and I was going straight. It was all good when the wheels hit the track again and i could see where I was going. LOL Fun ride for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts