Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I thought this is a pretty rare car to come up on auction. Usually the old 3rd gen Fords I see on Evil-Bay are either flipper specials (turd in a tuxedo) or it looks like it was dragged out of swamp.

This is what I would call an honest car. Is it drivable and reliable? Hell no, but if I wanted a good base to start with, I'd buy this. 1968 Ford Galaxie | eBay

I'd expect this to go between 15 and 20 grand. Then figure on spending a solid 6 months and several grand more to put it back to rights, then you would have a nice old car to enjoy.

I personally like this one because it has the basic expensive options. It's a factory air con car, it has the original AM-FM stereo, a Z 390 (high compression version of the usual sloth 390 most of these came with), power disc brakes and it has the factory buckets and centre console which of course by 1968 were an option in the XL model line as a lot of these came with a bench and column shifter.

Now this one does appear to be a GT but the tach is missing, so was this a clone someone tried to pull off decades ago? Dunno...

Anyway thought others might find this interesting as well.

Cheers

·
Registered
50 Posts
That's a nice one. It's almost identical to mine but with AC and the exterior colors black > white and interior blue > red. Were GTs supposed to come with a tach? I don't have evidence of one in mine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts