Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a stockish 69 302 for a panel truck project. parts include a holley 600, weiand stealth intake, bbk 1 3/4 longtubes and a cam. I don't have the cam yet but it will be in the 218/224 to 224/230 range duration wise. My question - What would be the expected rwhp from stock untouched 69 302 heads, stock cubes and this setup?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you must be right then . Don't know way you ask if already knew
Haha I don't. 190 was an educated guess. I'm not too familiar with sbf's. I know Lt1's, Ls1's, L99's Gm stuff. If it were a LS or LT we were talking about then I would have known the answer. ---190 high? Really? With one of the aforementioned motors I'm used to with a similar stock headed setup could be in the 350+rwhp range.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
What is the intended use for the panel truck and how much does it wiegh?..The parts are a little high rpm oriented for a stockish type motor in a heavy truck I think is what Dan is getting at..Also it is very difficult for anyone to make any type of guess at rear wheel hp when you didn't list any of the drivetrain componants.
I made around 270 flywheel hp with a set of home ported 69 heads on a 302..I think that is probably around the limit unless you put some decent port and valve work into them...The little fords suffer from some poor breathing heads compared to some of the sbc stuff and are giving up 25-50 cubic inches as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is the intended use for the panel truck and how much does it wiegh?..The parts are a little high rpm oriented for a stockish type motor in a heavy truck I think is what Dan is getting at..Also it is very difficult for anyone to make any type of guess at rear wheel hp when you didn't list any of the drivetrain componants.
I made around 270 flywheel hp with a set of home ported 69 heads on a 302..I think that is probably around the limit unless you put some decent port and valve work into them...The little fords suffer from some poor breathing heads compared to some of the sbc stuff and are giving up 25-50 cubic inches as well.
Just to cruise around and sell, it weighs around 3200#s. Stock rear and trans- may switch it out for a m4 overdrive. If you made 270fw, then i guess that would be 225-230rw, so with stock heads I'll assume 190 is close. I like small block fords, I just wouldn't spend a lot of money trying to hot rod it.

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
Just to cruise around and sell, it weighs around 3200#s. Stock rear and trans- may switch it out for a m4 overdrive. If you made 270fw, then i guess that would be 225-230rw, so with stock heads I'll assume 190 is close. I like small block fords, I just wouldn't spend a lot of money trying to hot rod it.
when you get it running , get a dyno number . then you'll know for sure

1 - 11 of 11 Posts