Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1969 Ford Torino 428 Cobra Jet Ram Air. It is a time capsule. It has been in dry storage for the past 25 years. It has 46,000 miles on it. Its a coupe, Not a fastback. I have the full history and got the car from the original owner who is a family member. I have the full Marti report on the car. It is RARE. 1 out of 29 made with the options the car has. Call me for all the detail and info. 347-386-4048.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
Congratulations!
It's always great to get your hands on something fairly unique. Welcome to the Forums, but two cautions - first is that while yours is certainly desirable, almost every car ever made is close to a 1-of-1 with all the options that can be combined. Be careful with valuation in that respect. One of my cars is a true 1-of-1 and has very low collector value. Second, is that I know you're excited, but you will probably get some razzing if you call a known car in family-owned dry storage a "barn find". It may tend to detract from the coolness of the car itself, as everybody under those terms has a barn find of one kind or another, and those that really do are a bit resentful of claims like that. Just sayin'.

Tell us the VIN, buck tag, and door tag info, and some of the history!

David

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The car was in a barn for the past 25 years! If your interested call me!!!
If NOT interested there is no need to make stupid comments. Thanks..
I was always taught if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all.......

Attachments

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Does the date code on the block coincide with the production date on the Data Plate?

Even so, you have a nice $2500 dollar car there. You trying to sell it and retire, or just make some cash?

Did you find the build sheet that's still going to be in it if it's all original and only has 46K on it?
FE I will take all of these complete 428 cars in decent shape you can send me for $2500...I sold a bare block for almost that much. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FE I haven't looked for the build sheet yet. Also I am NOT a reseller. It's my uncles car and he is 88 years old. He doesn't know how to do this computer stuff. Also some guy might come and swindle the car from him for $2,500.. LOL.. I have all the paperwork. He bought the car new from Albany NY Ford..

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
FE I haven't looked for the build sheet yet. Also I am NOT a reseller. It's my uncles car and he is 88 years old. He doesn't know how to do this computer stuff. Also some guy might come and swindle the car from him for $2,500.. LOL.. I have all the paperwork. He bought the car new from Albany NY Ford..

About a year ago, I saw a near twin of this car on eBay. It wasn't a Ram Air car, but otherwise looked to be the same and, with the limited pictures here, in similar condition. The car sold in about 10 minutes for $7,500. That is eBay pricing but, parted out, the driveline alone can be worth nearly that depending on how complete and the condition.

For what its worth, the build sheets are very commonly found in the upper rear seat back on these cars. Obviously there are numerous other places they can be found, but that's one place that you can look without having to disturb too much, and they hold up well there so long as the rear window didn't leak.

Best of luck with your sale!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts