Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to determine what exactly this car is and isn't? I've attached multiple images of the car and would love some feedback. I suspect its a doll'd up Fairlane? Or did they actually make such a thing as a Fairlane GT convertible? Body Tag is in one of the pictures. But the Vin is 9H43F164451 Body 76F Color T Trim 6D Date 17A DSO 89 Axle 3 and the trans W. Also is that interior original or did someone redo that at some point? I realize the cars been repainted, any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
Trying to determine what exactly this car is and isn't? I've attached multiple images of the car and would love some feedback. I suspect its a doll'd up Fairlane? Or did they actually make such a thing as a Fairlane GT convertible? Body Tag is in one of the pictures. But the Vin is 9H43F164451 Body 76F Color T Trim 6D Date 17A DSO 89 Axle 3 and the trans W. Also is that interior original or did someone redo that at some point? I realize the cars been repainted, any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
According to Decode This it's a '69 Torino GT or GT2.

See it here 1969 Ford Torino GT

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. So if it's a torino GT convertible, then would it be correct having the "fairlane" on the quarter panels?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Thanks for the replies. So if it's a torino GT convertible, then would it be correct having the "fairlane" on the quarter panels?
No it wouldn't and I haven't a clue why anyone would do that.

A quick Google image search of Torino GT's doesn't show any script whatsoever on the quarter panels.

·
Registered
407 Posts
No it wouldn't and I haven't a clue why anyone would do that.

A quick Google image search of Torino GT's doesn't show any script whatsoever on the quarter panels.
Probably because it was restored before the internet and the owner diden't know it's not a Fairlane but sort-of looked like one. OR, he did it just to be confusing. Just a thought.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My grandfather was a Ford dealer in the 50s and 60s. There were a very few Fairlane GTs out there, and not many people know they exist. It is true that this could be a Torino that someone restored incorrectly, but the Fairlane GT is a rare and mostly unknown option.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It appears to have a Torino grill. I would say it’s either a rebadged Torino GT or the fact that all Torino’s had a Fairlane Counterpart it could be a Fairlane GT with a Torino grill. Fairlanes have a four bar grill Torino’s 3, like this car pictured. Torino gt’s also Had door badges inside that said grand touring.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 1969 Fairlane and the floor pans were replaced and don't have any idea where the speedometer cable went thru the floor. Is possible that you could pull the carpet back and take a picture of where the cable went thru the floor pans. It sure would be appreciated if could help. Thanks for your time. [email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts