Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1969 Ford Mustang FMX transmission - original

Hello All! I am new to the forums and have recently posted a Falcon build thread.

I have for sale an authentic original 1969 ford Mustang FMX automatic transmission. The casting number is C9ZP-7006A. This is original down to the paint and comes with the transmission body, bellhousing for ford, small block 6-bolt engines, tail housing, and dipstick. Right now the transmission is on ebay but I am happy to take offers of any kind.

This transmission is in great condition and came out of a 1969 Ford Mustang. I know this transmission is not the most envied for performance but it is the transmission you want if you are restoring a car to factory original specs.

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
Welcome, and good luck with your sale. You will likely have better luck by removing the AOD term. While the AOD was loosely based on the FMX design, the AOD was not introduced until 1980, and has 4 speeds (Automatic Over Drive). Yours is not and does not, and can cause loss of a sale from confusion or a sale that starts good and goes bad.

David

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
PSIG - thanks for the info, I did some reading from the cast number and must have mixed up some info. Much appreciated!!

NOTE: this is NOT an AOD but rather an FMX transmission.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts