Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
69 GT 351W, 4 speed...now automatic....nice body, 1/2 done restoration, hasn't ran in 5 years, but has all the bits and pieces....Prior owner has owned it 19 years.....

Got it today, Re-pop Shaker Hood scoop set up, extra stuff all over, New Tail light lenes, gaskets, Cast Iron Bellhousing, just stuff that filled my Tahoe, I got it over 10% off or so....Marti Report Attached

Prior Owner had 20 years;

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Nice ride in the makings. You keeping it, gona sale it or donate it to me ? Very nice find.

I sold a 1970 mustang at our car show right before I got burnt. Reason I sold it was to buy a 1969 mach 1 near same as yours. Mine, well my wife for she laid claims to it as soon as it rolled out of car trailer. Made me happy for my wife never thinks of herself. I sold the 66fairlane she drove for down payment on my daughter a house, love the kids. Anyway hers is a H code . It came with a 4 speed windsor engine. Now has a 351 2 barrel cleavland , automatic. Gona put a 550 or 600 2 barrel holley on , done removed the 4 barrel. Gona take out automatic and place back a top loader 4 speed close ratio, she loves a 4 speed. She done picked out her color which is to be a dupont deep gold. I tried to convence her to going with a white interior but she says black same as one we used to have, fine with me.

Do you know what color ya gona paint yours? My first car was a 69 mustang but I still love the 66 fairlanes. If you are like me I drool everytime I can afford a old classic and finally get it home knowing we gona keep it. If selling I try not to get too attachedfor I cannot afford to keep stuff I find to sell.

Yup love ya car,fix'er up and provide us more pictures as ya go.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
By the way if you need parts I got door skins, quarter panels a back extra glass front fenders and few more things I got in shop to goto swap meet if you are intrested.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I flushed the motor, changed the oil, blew out the oil line from the Shelby Gauge pod to the motor, refilled it with oil and Lucas, primed it with my drill, had 60 lbs cold, re-installed the distributor, shot a little starting fluid, and bam...

click pick for video;

·
Registered
11 Posts
Maybe, I just bought it a month or so ago, Pete owned it in Blanchester, he owned it 20 years.....
checked my email and it's different. however, in the west chester area just a few miles from you, there is another person who just bought a 69 GT, red, 351W 4V, but with a C4 in what appears to be similar condition as yours.

good to see 69's in the area.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Took the old fuel tank/send unit out, and pulled the carb, gotta get the fuel system good, should have it done by the end of the week....so I can move on to the the insides the have it spotted in and by spring....drive the wheels off of it....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts