Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Is it rude to answer this question with a question? I'm at odds with myself to state the obvious.
Don't hold back. Let it flow! We all enjoy your keen insight.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Don't listen to the "Elder Generation" they forget sometimes that passion sometimes comes before knowledge. The number one best way to make your car sound mean, is to put a different exhaust on it. I like the cheap blowthrough glasspacks that you can buy from Autozone or O'Riley. They are like 30 bucks each, and you can put them on yourself. Not the most proffesional set up, but it will get you going! Good Luck

·
Premium Member
34,853 Posts
passion sometimes comes before knowledge. The number one best way to make your car sound mean, is to put a different exhaust on it.
I am so damn piqued I don't know what to say to that~ :(

I think you should go to a Single 1.25" exhaust with a full on 3 foot long quadruple baffle Midas Quiet Whisper muffler.

Is that the kind of genius answer you were looking for?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Chain it up with a short leash, beat it daily and don't feed it well.....

Seriously, how about some info about the existing drive train so someone has something to go on....I6? 302? ....Powerstroke diesel?

·
Registered
419 Posts
I am so damn piqued I don't know what to say to that~ :(

I think you should go to a Single 1.25" exhaust with a full on 3 foot long quadruple baffle Midas Quiet Whisper muffler.

Is that the kind of genius answer you were looking for?
FE, I believe you misunderstood me. I meant that sometimes, somebody new to the hobby has more passion than knowledge. I see how it could have been taken differently, and I apologize if that's how you took it. I can tell that the poster was just looking for "loud" and that's the answer I gave him. I sure went through my blown out glasspack phase. I am now more partial to the blowthrough bullet style flowmasters.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts