Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering selling my 1970 Galaxie Sportsback project. The car is 98% rust free with a little rust around the trunk inside lock, and a small quater size bubble up in the trunk itself. All else is solid. I have purchased factory high back buckets, floor console with shifter. I have replaced the column with a factory column for auto floor shift. The engine is 351 w/ ac, ps, and etc..that does crank. The gas tank has pin holes. VIN F0N55H17969F. I am really not sure what value it would go for. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Spencer

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
Also, watch Craigslist or Facebook in your area to see what similar (68-70 or so) Galaxies are going for, to get an idea of how yours compares. Prices vary some across the country. Might have to wait awhile to get many comparisons. Good luck.

Pat

·
Registered
855 Posts
Personally I like the bigger cars. 351W is actually a good engine, (429/460 is always better for me). The VIN you have doesn't make any sense. Should start with a 0 and only be 11 numbers/letters. Door tag is better. If you start fixing her up, using your labor and penny pinching dollars on parts, that will get the price up. Just don't get rid of anything factory.
If she has good glass, not all screwed up, good chrome trim, bumpers aren't bent to ****, wiring isn't all messed up, headliner (always hard to find on these) is in good shape, and maybe a Marti report and look for the build sheet, will help also to get the price up.
My 72 LTD, 460.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
The console, with shifter, and buckets could be worth more than the rest of the car. The only thing I know is that mine is worth way more to me than to anyone else. ;) :giggle:

Reactions: rickyracer1983
1 - 6 of 6 Posts