Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that the kid on the way, not to good frame, and lack of work space may force my hand so I really hate to do it but...........

I just recently got my 1970 Ford LTD out of the barn after 7 years of storage. The 351w was rebuilt a year or two prior to storage after a timing chain broke and was fogged during storage. I have a new battery spark pugs, airfilter and oil change into the car. I had to replace the brake lines going to the rear and now have the car driving down the road. Car is MI car and purchased from my neighbors grand mother 11yrs ago with 64k now has 111k.

I am looking to sell because I have my first child on the way and the car frame is slightly rusted through and I don't have the time or money now.

-Hideaway headlights work great
-gas gage shows empty-1/8tank
-hood has upturned corners after my mom didnt close the hood and drove down the road.
-Bumpers are pretty good with few dents
-I have all the trim
-Glass is great
-Top is in great shape (redone before I bought it and absolutely perfect)
-Front Bench was redone before I purchaced and is in great shape.

Any insight into what she's worth and if I will be better off parting her out or selling in her current condition please give me some imput.
Any one that would like to make an offer please email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry but she is not a convertible just has a good Vinyl brown top. The car is cream and I believe has been re painted once. Car is a two door with bench seat. I will get pics up later today.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, i was wondering if you still had this, and if you would consider selling the drivers door?, I'm new to this forum and just bought a 1970 galaxie 500 last week, and it is in desparate need of a drivers door.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do indeed have a driver's door. I am located in battle creek mi and will be starting to part the car out the first week in October. The question is what do u need of the door? I have a possible buyer for the glass and would like to keep the interior door panel and ltd Crome trim piece. The door is 90percent with some surface rust at the bottom but otherwise is straight in smooth. Let me know if u are still interested and I will work on pictures and shipping/price estimate.

·
Administrator
21,661 Posts
Your pics are shared as an email attachment. You'll need to save them to your computer and attach them that way or save and upload at photobucket then copy the image code line that photobucket gives and post here. Or which ever photo site you prefer.

Tried copying just the url but takes me to gmail log-in

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will try to get the pics up this weekend. I am away from home a lot, I am an airline pilot, so most of my communications are via iPhone.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
0D2D60F0-6598-422F-86E9-3B49E55D48F3-728-000000A0D7B6DEEB_zps54b4e8db.jpg picture by j3gibbon - Photobucket

I just created a photobucket account under the same user name j3gibbon. U may notice from the photos the small amount of rust on the front lower and lower door. There is a small paint repair on the bend in the body line 6in above the bottom of the door. It looks like a dark spot. This was a very small dent or scratch that I put some black rust preventer on. I will try to get some closer pictures in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, my door has good glass, and I will be using my door panel so they match, and mine isnt an ltd, so I dont need that Chrome, but i need the hinges with the door, I am interested, but I don't know how much I'm able to pay for freight, so as long as its reasonably priced ill be able to get it, I'm in college and on a budget, so let me know

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you think I could get the Chrome that runs the length of the car along the side as well? Mine is missing from the whole drivers side, not the ltd Chrome by the mirror, the stuff about halfway up the car

1 - 15 of 15 Posts