Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be the third time I've attempted a resurrection of this car. I bought it when I was 17. The car, and me, were both in better shape back then. :frown: A lot can happen in 32 years. I’ve built several different engines for it throughout the years, some good, some not so good. The engine that is in it now (a mild 351w) was a member of the “not so good”. It's from the last time I put the car on the road which was in 1992, and had a few serious problems from the beginning. :mad: The car has been sitting under a tarp ever since. I just started a stroker project that should work out a lot better.:tup: And I’ve been amassing sheet metal and other miscellaneous parts for the project. Anyway, it should be a lot of fun working with my son on this thing. Sorry for the poor quality of the pics, having issues with my camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see your engine problem right off the bat. You're only running on 4 cylinders :) LOL

Looks like a FUN project! Welcome to Ford Muscle Forums, I hope you have a wonderful time!

So THAT'S the problem eh? No wonder my mileage was so bad! :eek: Actually that's the A I R Head. :D

Thank you! I'm really looking forward to the adventure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Started the engine build. Should have been a 408, but had to go .060 over on the block and 408 kits don't come in .060 over, sooo.....Had to go with a 39??? I don't know, maybe a 399 with oversize hole. I'll just have to twist it a little more, which I enjoy anyway.

stroker bob.jpg
Here's the Scat crank getting ready to spin. Just added the bob weights.
spinning crank.jpg
Spinning the crank
before.jpg
Numbers before balancing
weight loss.jpg
Weight Loss Program
after.jpg
Balanced

1 - 4 of 4 Posts