Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
34,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys and gals, it’s been a few years, but I want to pick some brains!
I got a 1971 bronco two barrel all original three on the tree and I need an original carburetor for it and every carburetor I have found throughout the tire Google earth has been off off an automatic car.
The carburetors that came on standard Transmission vehicles did not have the automatic transmission kick down lever on the carburetor.

On a standard vehicle the carburetor from the factory would not come with it, so where in the hell can I locate an Autolite 2100 with 1.19 1.14 or 1.21 Venturi without the automatic kickdown lever built into the carburetor?

give me some thoughts and ideas and suggestions, miss you guys!

FE

· Registered
1,569 Posts
Chances are you won't find one without the KD lever.

You could always just cut it it off if it bothers you. :)
A Dremel with a tiny zip disk could cut it close to the throttle shaft so you wouldn't even notice it.
... or just wire it to the main lever, or find a way to otherwise lock the two arms together.

· Registered
1,185 Posts
If you knew how much that bothered me you would understand.
It’s gotta stay original 😎😎🤩🥸🥸
Old Iron Powder Coating, Fallon, Nv.
775-427-7744 (Glenn Lees is the owner, he's the one you want to talk to).
He drives 4 old Broncos (original) and has about another dozen setting around. I kid you not. Probably won't part with anything, but I know he has what you're looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.