Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 71 GT has aftermarket bucket seats that I want to replace. The Marti Report indicated my car originally came with a front bench in black knit vinyl. I've been searching high and low on eBay, Craigslist and other forums.

Anyone know of an equivalent sized bench that would look close and fit maybe from a different year or model? I have to redo the support brackets under the car anyway so I'm open to any suggestions of anything else that would fit and may be easier to find. Also in need of seat belts as well.

Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 71 GT has aftermarket bucket seats that I want to replace. The Marti Report indicated my car originally came with a front bench in black knit vinyl. I've been searching high and low on eBay, Craigslist and other forums.

Anyone know of an equivalent sized bench that would look close and fit maybe from a different year or model? I have to redo the support brackets under the car anyway so I'm open to any suggestions of anything else that would fit and may be easier to find. Also in need of seat belts as well.

Thanks.
Hey Croaker... just touching base with you... did you ever find a front bench for your '71 GT? I want to do the opposite and get rid of the bench in my '70 base model and go with aftermarket buckets. Since my base model is nothing special... I'm restomoding the car with a pro-touring look. My interior color is that ginger brown color. The seat is all original and in good shape. The drivers side has the typical wear and the threads have pulled loose from use. Anyways... if you're interested, let me know.

I have the worst time finding parts here in southeast Georgia for my car. I bought my car with the transmission completely shot and the whole back end damaged from a wreck. Know of any one that has a rear clip that wants to part with? I.E.: trunk lid, tail light cross member panel, lower rear valence, rear bumper...

Jason

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up, Jason. I hit the Carlisle Fall National swap meet last week and had no luck so far finding a front bench. I'm not sure how much it would cost to ship a bench seat since I'm in eastern PA. Do you have the under car brackets as well?

I'm also having a hard time finding parts in PA seems a lot of Torino's I see on forums are in VA. I also need the kickdown linkage including brackets to put my original column gear selector back in use (it has a B&M shifter now) so I can put the bench seats in. But I have a 429 in mine so I assume someone swapped out the original C4 Cruise-O-Matic with a C6...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just touching base with you.. My Torino seat is still installed in my car with all of the original brackets. You will have to re-cover the seat in black because it is the ginger brown color. But at least you will have a good seat to work with. Let me know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes still looking for a folding front bench that will fit a 71 GT. I also need the brackets and seat belts too. I'm in eastern PA so trying to find something within a 4-6 hour drive to avoid shipping costs. Thanks.

Croaker

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well, the seat tracks that bolt to the floor would be included. I don't have spare seat belts, though. The ones I have will be used on the rebuild. I'm in the Norfolk, VA area. I can take some pics if you are interested. It is white vinyl with a pretty nice tear in it--needs new upholstery.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks.[i have a bench seat from 1971 Torino in good condition/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks.[i have a bench seat from 1971 Torino in good condition/QUOTE]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts