Year:1972
Make:Mercury
Model:Other
Mileage:85000 M
Transmission:Automatic
Engine:302
Trim:Comet GT 2 dr
She's a 72 Comet GT, factory 302/C-4/8" (2.79 non-posi). Non AC. $8,500 or delivery negotiable (I deliver or you come and get it). Rebuilt the engine (factory) nothing fancy. I put the Edelbrock F4B and 600 Holley, but I kept the factory heat riser stuff for the choke. Accel dual point dist, new WP, FP. New starter, battery, alt, voltage reg, oil pump/shaft, new motor mounts, all new hoses, new heater core, (cleaned the "mouse stuff" out of the box) heater/fan works great. Trans was slipping when PO parked it, so I cleaned and inspected it. I replaced the clutches, bands, put a "H" servo in it, (A was in it), new vac mod, fixed the valve body, (probably why it burned the clutches up). It is a PS car, converted to manual. I have replacement pump, hoses, center link/pitman arm and slave cyl to put on it.
Windshield is cracked but comes with clean/crack free replacement one. All other glass is good and works. Comes with door inner panels, arm rests good. Dash has 2 small cracks that run along side the speaker and other then that, actually in very good shape. It has a the seats and seat belts for them, including 72 Comet rear seats. Has a headliner, just not the best. Has factory AM radio (works) front and dual rear speakers. Has all the plastic interior panels front, rear and rear window one. Steering wheel is still in good shape, compared to many I've seen.
Body has minor dings and only rusted area is rear right fender lower area. Torque boxes, front fenders are all good. Even still has the front fender plastic splash shields. Lights all work but headlight switch needs replacing (have new one) key switch works, starts and runs with the current one, locks steering and shifter fine. Brake lights, back up headlights, even the license plate light, dome light, turn signals, all work. Bumpers have a few minor dings but still workable ad not rusted. It has all the factory chrome trim, (some has dings) but isn't bent to ****. The under hood and truck lid aren't rusted out either as many are. Even has the front Mercury emblem.
New brakes, including, hardware, shoes, wheel cyl, all 3 hoses, rebuilt MC and flushed lines. Stops on a dime. All 4 new shocks, new rear springs, fronts still in good shape. New front spring perches, insulators, in/out tierods and adjusting sleeves.
It has both rear view mirrors. Gas tank even has new sending unit and gauge works as does all "idiot" lights. Replaced all the fuel line hoses and cleaned the line out. New rubber seal around the gas tank filler tube.
The grill is a prefect one, new Comet gas cap, with a Mav Grabber trunk lid/ext and rear spoiler. Has factory GT air scoop. Tires are 3 years old with chrome slotted rims. No mileage since PO never drove it after he put them on.
It has a Nevada title in my name, so no issues there. I have more pictures and videos available. PM before making any kind of payment.