Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have sad news to report - the 1972 Gran Torino 2DR brougham that was passed down to me from my father (which was bough new back in 72), was broken in to, and someone attempted to torch the interior.

It's pathetic to know that someone with no heart can do this. I was apparently the 25th car to have an arson attack.

Anyway, the interior was 25% torched. Mostly driver's side.

I have located NEW
-headliner, carpet, dash, A-pillar, misc. interior parts, cluster, wiring etc.

What I need help to locate is the driver's side door panel. I don't have a picture handy, and google doesn't come with any pictures. It is blue, and a brougham. It has power windows, chrome trim, vinyl and cloth and the two-leaf imprints onto the vinyl. I can post a picture of the passenger's side later on today. No local upholstery place can do this. I have tried contacting John @ blueoval, only has 73-74 Brougham panels. 72 must be a one-year only deal.

I am disheartened, and upset. I was 99% finished the restoration - only thing it needed was an AM radio to be put back in before I applied for "vintage" plates.

Car only has 63,000 original miles, and I would greatly appreciate any help!!

Darryl
BC Canada

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
I don't know where to get those parts. Maybe dearbourne. But I hope they catch they guy and put him in a cell with a big black guy named Bo-bo. Sound like its a teenager

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dearborn is a parts supplier?

I hope they catch the pricks too. Our law is relaxed up here in Canada, I'm sure they'll get 6 months probabation and counselling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts