Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some Diagrams and Photos of the Rare 1972 RAM Air Intake unit from Dan W's 1972 Ranchero 500 w/429 RAM Air Intake.

[/SIZE]

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Not really Ram Air, but this is a cool design... (Pun Intended)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
He did his own work. Really nice job, great welds, and highly pollished.

If you look carefully, he made the valve covers too. They are huge valve covers. Maybe 10 inchs across.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Thanks Mike!

Here is a link to Ford Ram Air units
FordRamAir.com
Wow, that seems like a lot of money for what looks like a stock factory air cleaner with a rubber gasket on top? How do they justify the cost for these, where is the technology or is that point? :eek: So that metal unit cost you 150.00 and I guess that rubber is like 600.00? Whats the deal is this a solution to put Ram air into a non ram air equiped vehicle and maintain the stock apperance?
Ras Daniel :cool:

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
That vehicle actually came with the Ram Air Package as did my GT 351CJ/4 Speed Ranchero. I wiped out the GT's air cleaner in a wreck 20 years ago and have been looking for a replacement ever since. The originals are almost impossible to find and when you do find one they want more Rancherobuck$$$ then you can imagine, and that is just for the lid. I guess it boils down to if you are a person that likes to keep the car pretty much "stock" in appearance. ;)

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Both factory and dealer. The Ranchero in the picture was a "white sale special" and that was part of the package. My 351 CJ GT w/4 Speed was also factory, but my 351 CJ GT w/C6 was dealer option installed. Oddly enough the Marti Report for the last one didn't catch that while the Ford Report I got with the car did... weird.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts